Georgia's 13th congressional district
|Georgia's 13th congressional district|
Georgia's 13th congressional district - since January 3, 2013.
Georgia's 13th congressional district is a congressional district in the U.S. state of Georgia. The district is currently represented by Democrat David Scott, though the district's boundaries have been redrawn following the 2010 census, which granted an additional congressional seat to Georgia. The first election using the new district boundaries (listed below) were the 2012 congressional elections.
The district is located in the southern and western portions of the Atlanta metropolitan area and includes the cities of Austell, Jonesboro, Mableton, Douglasville, Stockbridge, and Union City, as well as the southern fourth of Atlanta itself.
- Clayton (Partial, see also 5th district)
- Cobb (Partial, see also 6th district and 11th district)
- Fayette (Partial, see also 3rd district)
- Fulton (Partial, see also 5th district, 6th district, and 11th district)
- Henry (Partial, see also 3rd district and 10th district)
Recent results in presidential elections
|2004||President||John Kerry 60% - George W. Bush 40%|
|2008||President||Barack Obama 71% - John McCain 28%|
|2012||President||Barack Obama 69% - Mitt Romney 30%|
|2016||President||Hillary Clinton 71% - Donald Trump 27%|
|2018||Governor||Stacey Abrams 76% - Brian Kemp 23.4%|
|2020||President||Joe Biden 76% - Donald Trump 23%|
List of members representing the district
|Democratic||January 3, 2003 –
|Elected in 2002.
Re-elected in 2004.
Re-elected in 2006.
Re-elected in 2008.
Re-elected in 2010.
Re-elected in 2012.
Re-elected in 2014.
Re-elected in 2016.
Re-elected in 2018.
Re-elected in 2020.
Parts of Butts, Clayton, DeKalb, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry, Newton, Rockdale, and Walton counties.
Parts of Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, and Henry counties.
Douglas County and parts of Clayton, Cobb, Fayette, Fulton, and Henry counties.
|Democratic||David Scott (Incumbent)||170,657||100.00|
|Democratic||David Scott (Incumbent)||103,019||69.24|
|Democratic||David Scott (Incumbent)||205,914||69.05|
|Democratic||David Scott (Incumbent)||140,294||69.43|
|Democratic||David Scott (Incumbent)||201,988||71.74|
- Center for New Media & Promotion (CNMP), US Census Bureau. "My Congressional District". www.census.gov.
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- Justice Department approves Georgia's political maps. Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Last accessed December 27, 2011
- 2012 Congressional maps, Georgia Legislature. Last accessed January 1, 2012
- 2012 Congressional maps - Metro Atlanta, Georgia Legislature. Last accessed January 1, 2012
- "GA - Election Results". results.enr.clarityelections.com.