Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Elevation||656 ft (200 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||450950|
Georgia was platted in 1853. The community was named after the state of Georgia. A post office was established at Georgia in 1857, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1917.
Georgia is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Georgia, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- History of Lawrence and Monroe Counties, Indiana: Their People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. 1914. p. 205.
- "Towns named after states". Reading Eagle. Jul 2, 1897. p. 3. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Lawrence County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
|This Lawrence County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|