Georgia (1988 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ben Lewin|
|Produced by||Bob Weis|
|Written by||Mac Gudgeon|
|Distributed by||Jethro Films Production|
|Box office||44,205 (Australia)|
Judy Davis plays the two roles of a mother, Georgia, and her daughter Nina. The film is presented as a series of flashbacks as Nina investigates her mother's death, which led to her adoption as a young child.
- Judy Davis as Nina Bailley/Georgia White
- John Bach as Karlin
- Julia Blake as Elizabeth
- Alex Menglet as Lazlo
- Marshall Napier as Frank Le Mat
The film was inspired by Albert Tucker's 1984 painting of Joy Hester. Producer Bob Weis originally wanted to make a film based on Hester's life but decided to make a fictional film.
Georgia grossed $44,205 at the box office in Australia.
- David Stratton, The Avocado Plantation: Boom and Bust in the Australian Film Industry, Pan MacMillan, 1990, pages 270–272.
- Georgia at the Internet Movie Database
- Georgia at the National Film and Sound Archive
- Georgia at Oz Movies
|This article related to an Australian film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1980s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|