Georgia Avenue–Petworth station
|Location||3700 Georgia Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20009
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Connections||Metrobus: 60, 62, 63, 64, 70, 79, H8|
|Bicycle facilities||12 lockers|
|Opened||September 18, 1999|
|Passengers (2016)||5,719 daily  9.16%|
Like many other Washington Metro stations, Georgia Avenue-Petworth has catalyzed nearby development. The District of Columbia Office of Planning has divided development proposals into four localities near the station:
- Park View. Composed of three blocks along Georgia Avenue south of the station — 3200 West, 3400 East, and 3500 East — Park View development is mainly limited by a 50-foot (15 m) height limit to infill residential or four- to six-story mixed-use development.
- Pleasant Plains. Further south, sites at 2700 West and 2900 West on Georgia Avenue are also subject to the low height restriction but with more emphasis on apartments and row houses.
- Petworth-Metro. To the north, this is the largest neighborhood by sites available and height, with a restriction of 65 ft (20 m). It contains a series of blocks on Georgia Avenue from Princeton Place to Shepherd Street, with the 3700 West block already developed as Park Place, containing 148 condos and 17,000 sq ft (1,579 m2) of street-level retail space.
- Upshur. The northernmost of the four regions, it is centered on Upshur Street near Kansas Avenue. As with Pleasant Plains, the Planning Office has focused on residential development for Upshur.
The station's west entrance closed on December 11, 2006, to accommodate construction of a mixed-use development. Bus stops, bike racks, and lockers were moved, and the entrance remained closed until 2009, a year later than planned.
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|Southbound||← Green Line toward Branch Avenue (Columbia Heights)
← Yellow Line toward Huntington (Columbia Heights)
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Northbound||→ Green Line toward Greenbelt (Fort Totten) →
→ Yellow Line toward Fort Totten (Terminus) →
- "Metrorail Average Weekday Passenger Boardings" (PDF). WMATA. Retrieved 2017-04-26.
- Georgia Avenue-Petworth Metro Station Area and Corridor Plan Office of Planning Retrieved 8 February 2010
- Redevelopment sites: Park View/Park Morton Office of Planning Retrieved 8 February 2010
- Redevelopment sites: Pleasant Plains Office of Planning Retrieved 8 February 2010
- Redevelopment sites: Petworth-Metro Office of Planning Retrieved 8 February 2010
- Redevelopment sites: Upshur Office of Planning Retrieved 8 February 2010
- "Georgia Ave-Petworth rail station west entrance to close for construction" (Press release). WMATA. December 7, 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-25.
- WMATA: Georgia Ave-Petworth Station
- StationMasters Online: Georgia Ave-Petworth
- The Schumin Web Transit Center: Georgia Ave-Petworth Station
- Georgia Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View