She is the daughter of journalist Anne Deveson and broadcaster Ellis Blain. Her first novel was Closed for Winter. Her most recent work is Births, Deaths and Marriages, a memoir of her childhood which has been short-listed for the Nita Kibble Literary Award.
- Dark Water. Penguin, 2010
- Closed for winter. Penguin, 1998
- Candelo. Penguin, 1999
- The Blind Eye. Penguin, 2003
- Names for Nothingness. Picador, 2005
- Births Deaths Marriages: True tales. Vintage, 2008
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|