19 May 1990 |
|Discipline||Women's artistic gymnastics|
|Club||Waverley Gymnastics Centre|
Georgia Bonora is a former Australian gymnast, born in Melbourne on 19 May 1990.
Bonora had problems with her ankle in 2011 and 2012.
Bonora is an all-arounder. She represented Australia in gymnastics at the 2008 Summer Olympics. She did not compete in 2011 because of an ankle injury. As a member of the 2012 Australian senior squad, she was coached by John Hart. 
At the 2012 Australian Gymnastics Championships in Sydney, she finished fifth on balance beam and seventh on uneven bars. The event was part of the Australian national team Olympic qualifying process. In mid-June 2012, she was one of twelve Australian gymnasts vying to earn a final spot on the Olympic squad at a training session for the national team at the Australian Institute of Sport. She was selected to represent Australia at the 2012 Summer Olympics in women's artistic gymnastics. She was selected to compete in the women's team event. These were her second Games. Her Olympic training preparations included learning how to deal with flash photography, with strobe lighting used at practice, and being exposed to distracting noises.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georgia Bonora.|
|Wikinews has related news: Kate Lundy and Tony Abbott assist in Olympic dreams with Gymnastics Australia's artistic gymnastics team announcement|
- Elizabeth Grimsley (2012-06-21). "Australian Olympic Team Announced". Inside Gymnastics Magazine. Insidegymnastics.com. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "The Australian Girls Hope to Finish Sixth as They Did in Beijing". The Australian. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "Mitchell heads gymnastics team — Other Sports — Sportal Australia". Sportal.com.au. 2012-06-21. Archived from the original on 2012-06-24. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "Olympic debutants jump for joy". Canberratimes.com.au. 2010-09-14. Retrieved 2012-06-22.
- "International Gymnast Magazine Online – Mitchell Takes Two Titles at Australian Nationals". Intlgymnast.com. 2012-05-27. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "I've got work to do: Mitchell". Fox Sports. 2012-06-18. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "Twelve women are in line for five seats on the plane to the UK". The Australian. 2012-06-06. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "Mitchell not feeling pressure for Games – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". Abc.net.au. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "Australian Gymnasts ready to amaze in Olympic arena". Boxscorenews.com. 2009-07-15. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Georgia Bonora at the International Federation of Gymnastics
- Gymnastics Australia Profile
- 2006 World Championships Results
|This biographical article related to artistic gymnastics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Australian biographical article relating to sport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|