Georgia State Route 334
|Maintained by GDOT|
|Length:||12.4 mi (20.0 km)|
|South end:||US 441 / SR 15 north of Athens|
US 441 / US 441 Bus. / SR 15 in Commerce
US 441 Bus. / SR 98 in Commerce
State Route 334 (SR 334) is a 12.4-mile-long (20.0 km) south-to-north state highway located entirely within Jackson County in the northeastern part of the U.S. state of Georgia. It travels from north of Athens to Commerce. It is effectively an alternate route of U.S. Route 441 (US 441).
SR 334 begins at an intersection with US 441/SR 15 north of Athens. Past this intersection is a segment of the former route of US 441. The highway travels east-northeast and curves to the north-northeast through generally rural parts of the county. Just south of Seagraves Mill Road, it begins to curve to the northwest. In the southern part of Commerce, it intersects a local street named Allen Road then becomes the route along that street. It then has another intersection with US 441/SR 15. This intersection also marks the southern terminus of US 441 Bus., which travels concurrent with SR 334. Approximately 0.6 miles (0.97 km) later, they intersect SR 98. Here, SR 334 ends, and US 441 BUS/SR 98 have a concurrency.
|This section requires expansion. (June 2014)|
In the early 1960s, SR 334 was built, and paved, from its southern terminus, southeast of Center, to the southern part of Commerce (the current intersection with US 441/SR 15 and US 441 Bus.) In 1991, US 441/SR 15 were rerouted through the Commerce area. Part of the former route was redesignated as US 441 Bus., with SR 334 concurrent with it.
The entire route is in Jackson County.
|Nicholson||0.0||0.0||US 441 / SR 15 – Athens||Southern terminus; "Old US 441" continues past this intersection.|
US 441 / US 441 Bus. north / SR 15
|Southern end of US 441 Bus. concurrency|
US 441 Bus. / SR 98
|Northern terminus; northern end of US 441 Bus. concurrency|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Google (June 9, 2014). "Route of SR 334" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved June 9, 2014.
- National Highway System: (Draft) Georgia (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. November 15, 2013. Retrieved June 9, 2014.
- State Highway System and Other Principal Connecting Roads (PDF) (Map). Cartography by GSHD. State Highway Department of Georgia. June 1, 1960. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- State Highway System and Other Principal Connecting Roads (PDF) (Map). Cartography by GSHD. State Highway Department of Georgia. June 1, 1963. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- Official Highway and Transportation Map (PDF) (Map). Cartography by GSHD. Georgia Department of Transportation. January 1, 1992. Retrieved August 11, 2015.
- Official Highway and Transportation Map (PDF) (Map). Cartography by GSHD. Georgia Department of Transportation. January 1, 1993. Retrieved August 11, 2015.