|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2014)|
Georgian Mall in late 2004, prior to renovations.
|Location||509 Bayfield Street
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
|No. of anchor tenants||2|
|Total retail floor area||513,000 ft²|
|No. of floors||2|
Anchors and majors
- Hudson's Bay (90,748 sq ft (8,431 m2))
- Gap (10,960 sq ft (1,018 m2). total, The Gap - 6,732 sq ft (625 m2)., Gap Kids - 4,228 sq ft (393 m2))
- H&M (18,169 sq ft (1,688 m2))
- HomeSense (24,822 sq ft (2,306 m2))
- Jacob Connexion (10,000 sq ft (1,000 m2))
- Sears (116,515 sq ft (10,825 m2))
- Sport Chek/Atmosphere (40,734 sq ft (3,784 m2))
- American Eagle Outfitters
- Jean Machine
- Le Chateau/Chateau Menswear
- RW & Co.
- Shoppers Drug Mart
- West 49
Georgian Mall originally opened with Sears as its only department store and Dominion as a supermarket. Next door in a separate development was a free-standing K-mart department store. The first major expansion added a single floor Eatons as anchor to a new two-level mall addition. (when Eaton's went bankrupt this space was divided into Sport Chek and Home Sense.) The next addition connected the mall to the K-mart building. When K-mart was bought by the Hudson's Bay Company this space was converted to The Bay.
There is one other mall in Barrie:
Bayfield Mall is a smaller 70 store mall located at Bayfield and Coulter Streets just off Highway 400 and 1.4 kilometres (0.87 mi) from Georgian Mall. Anchored by Canadian Tire and surrounded by smaller stores with a pad like configuration as well as a bowling alley and a movie theatre. It is managed by Avison and Young.
Kozlov Shopping Centre was a mall built in 1986 with anchors like Zellers and Metro. After the closure of Zellers, the mall was sold and closed in 2013 with demolition in 2014 for re-development after 2015 It is located on Bayfield Street and less than a 1 kilometre (0.62 mi) from Georgian Mall.