From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Georgiana (disambiguation).
|Meaning||Greek word Γεωργιος, meaning farmer.|
|Related names||George, Georgia, Georgina|
Georgiana is a Catalan, English, Greek and Romanian name. It is the feminine form of the male name George and a variation of the female names Georgina and Georgia. It comes from the Greek word Γεωργιος, meaning farmer.
List of persons with the given name
- Georgiana Buller (1884–1953)
- Georgiana Birțoiu (born 1989), Romanian footballer
- Georgiana Burne-Jones (1840–1920), artist, wife and biographer of Edward Burne-Jones
- Georgiana Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire (1757–1806)
- Georgiana Drew (1856–1893)
- Georgiana Fullerton (1812–1885)
- Georgiana Harcourt (1807–1886), writer and translator
- Georgiana McCrae (1804–1890)
- Georgiana Molloy (1805–1843)
- Georgiana Rolls, Baroness Llangattock (c.1837–1923), socialite and enthusiast for Nelson
- Georgiana Seymour, Duchess of Somerset (1809–1884), wife of the Duke of Somerset
- Georgiana Darcy, younger sister of one of the main characters in Pride and Prejudice
- Georgiana, mother of Pip the main character in Charles Dickens "Great Expectations"
- Georgiana, wife of Aylmer in Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Birthmark"
- Georgiana Reed, cousin of Jane Eyre in Charlotte Brontë's novel of the same name.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|