Georgina Brandolini d'Adda
|Georgina Brandolini d'Adda|
|Countess of Valmareno|
Georgina Maria Natividad de Faucigny-Lucinge et Coligny|
23 December 1949
Rio de Janeiro
|Spouse||Rodrigo Tiberto Brandolini d'Adda, Count of Valmareno|
Cornelia Brandolini d'Adda|
Bianca Brandolini d'Adda
|Father||Prince Jean-Louis de Faucigny-Lucinge|
|Mother||Sylvia Regis de Oliveira|
|Occupation||fashion designer, businesswoman, socialite|
Georgina Brandolini d'Adda, Contessa di Valmareno (born Princess Georgina Maria Natividad de Faucigny-Lucinge et Coligny; 23 December 1949) is a French-Brazilian fashion executive and designer.
Early and personal life
Princess Georgina Maria Natividad de Faucigny-Lucinge et Coligny was born on 23 December 1949 in Rio de Janeiro. Her father was Prince Jean-Louis de Faucigny-Lucinge, a French aristocrat, and her mother was Sylvia Regis de Oliveira, the daughter of a Brazilian diplomat. She grew up in Paris. On 12 June 1975, she married Rodrigo Tiberto Brandolini d'Adda, Conte di Valmareno, an Italian nobleman who was the son of Cristiana Brandolini d'Adda and nephew of Gianni Agnelli, in a Catholic ceremony at St. Thomas Aquinas Church in Paris, becoming Countess of Valmareno. They have two children, Donna Cornelia Brandolini d'Adda and Donna Bianca Brandolini d'Adda. The couple splits their time between homes in Geneva and Trancoso, Bahia.
Countess Brandolini d'Adda was working as an intern for Dior when she was introduced to Italian fashion designer Valentino Garavani during a Carnival celebration in Rio de Janeiro. She worked for Valentino for twenty years as an artistic muse, personal aid, and director of external and public relations. In 1983 she was added to the International Best Dressed List. After leaving Valentino, Brandolini d'Adda became a partner at Balmain, serving as the general manager and director of ready-to-wear as well as a marketing strategist, where she developed the fashion house's international business. She began her own line of luxury knitwear in 2004. She now works as a representative for the international interests of Iguatemi Empresa de Shopping Centers.
- "Georgina Marie Natividad, princesse de Faucigny-Lucinge, * 1949 | Geneall.net". geneall.net (in Italian). Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Person Page". www.thepeerage.com. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- [dead link]
- "Georgina De Faucigny-lucinge Marries Tilberto Brandolini". Getty Images. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Reginato, James. "Inside "La Dolce Vita" of Countess Cristiana Brandolini D'Adda". Vanities. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "AD Visits a Hot Spot in Brazil | Architectural Digest". Architectural Digest. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "A socialite Georgina Brandolini mostra sua casa de veraneio em Trancoso à revista "W"". Glamurama (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "EGO - NOTÍCIAS - João Gilberto devolve apartamento a condessa, diz jornal". ego.globo.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Golfar, Fiona. "October Vogue: A Fine Romance". Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Magazine, W. "The Brandolinis' Bahian Rhapsody". W Magazine. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "What do you do if you are a society heiress with time on your hands?". Evening Standard. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Georgina Brandolini D'Adda | Valentino". Valentino. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Georgina Brandolini - Les Echos". www.lesechos.fr (in French). Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Ciao Bianca!". Peacock Plume. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Staff, WWD (2004-01-21). "Georgina Brandolini (Couture Review)". WWD. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Folha de S.Paulo - Serafina 30 - 26/09/2010". www1.folha.uol.com.br. Retrieved 2018-03-20.