She was head of the Banco Nacional de Obras y Servicios Públicos (Banobras)
Personal life and education
Kessel attended the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) from 1975 to 1979 and graduated with a bachelor's degree in Economics. A few years later she received a doctorate's degree in the same discipline from Columbia University, in the United States. Kessel worked for over nine years as a full-time professor at the ITAM, where she headed the Department of Economics in 1994. Amongst her former students is Felipe Calderon, who earned a master's degree in Economics under Kessel at ITAM. Calderon subsequently appointed her Minister of Energy after he was elected President of Mexico in 2006.
Public and political career
In 2005 she received the Premio al mérito profesional in the public sector, a recognition of the ITAM alumni.
- El sur también existe (with Santiago Levy and Enrique Dávila).
- Los peligros del Plan Puebla-Panamá
- Lo negociado del Tratado de Libre Comercio (compiler).
- Dickerson, Marla (2006-11-22). "Free-market approach to prevail in Mexican Cabinet". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2006-11-22.[dead link]df
- "¿Quién es Georgina Kessel?" (in Spanish). Diario de Yucatán. 2006-11-21.
Fernando Canales Clariond
|Secretary of Energy