||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Georgina Ashley Diaz Wilson
12 February 1986
Wichita, Kansas, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Sydney|
|Occupation||Actress, host, model, endorser, VJ|
|Spouse(s)||Arthur Burnand (m. 2016)|
|Relatives||Gloria Diaz (aunt)
Isabelle Daza (cousin)
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
Georgina Ashley Diaz Wilson was born on 12 February 1986 in Wichita, Kansas, United States. Her mother is Aurora Diaz, a Filipina, while her father is Robert Wilson, who is of British descent. Through her mother, she is the niece of former Miss Universe Gloria Diaz, and the cousin of her daughter, actress, model and host Isabelle Daza. The eldest among three siblings, Wilson has a younger sister named Jessica, who is also a model, and a younger brother named Samuel. She moved to Yorkshire, England when she was six months old and moved back to the Philippines with her family at age 11.
Wilson attended high school at the Assumption College in Makati and attended college at the Ateneo de Manila University, where she studied for a Bachelor of Science in economics. She later transferred to the University of Sydney in Australia, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce in accounting and became a double major in finance.
Wilson was offered numerous modeling projects since high school. She declined those offers due to the rules of her Catholic high school (Assumption) banning their students from working in modeling, TV and movies. When she graduated, she was cast in a Pond's commercial that aired in mid-2004. After which, she received more modeling and acting offers. Wilson is now the endorser of several products and brands in the Philippines, such as Bench, Garnier, TechnoMarine, Ginebra San Miguel, Argentina Corned Beef, Fila, Belo Sexy Solutions, Cream Silk, American Apparel, Cadbury, Globe Tattoo, BlackBerry, Wade, SM Accessories, Kashieca, and Jaguar. Wilson appears in Bench fashion shows every year and has been on several magazine covers. Wilson is also a VJ for Channel V and is the host of Asia's Next Top Model since its third cycle in 2015. Currently, she is also the marketing director of Sunnies Studios, an eyewear brand she co-owns with Bea Soriano, Eric Dee Jr. and Martine Cajucom.
By September 2015, Wilson began dating British businessman and hotelier Arthur Burnand. According to Wilson, she and Burnand became engaged in October 2015. The couple married on 30 April 2016 in Winchester, England. In August 2016, Wilson confirmed that she and her husband were expecting their first child. Their son was born on 14 December 2016.
|2010–12||Channel V Philippines||Host and VJ||Channel V Philippines|
|2011–12||The Source||Host||Star World Philippines|
|2012||Binibining Pilipinas 2012||Presenter||ABS-CBN|
|2014||It's Showtime||Celebrity Judge|
|2015||Asia's Next Top Model (cycle 3)||Host/Head Judge||Star World|
|2016||Miss Indonesia 2016||Presenter||RCTI|
|Asia's Next Top Model (cycle 4)||Guest Judge||Star World|
- Dy, Adrienne (22 February 2012). "Gorgeous George: Gutsy, glib, and glamorous, model and host Georgina Wilson is a force to reckon with |". Look Magazine. Retrieved 6 July 2013.
- Cruz, Kitchie (7 March 2014). "In their First Ever Pictorial Together, the Diaz Girls, Georgina and Jessica Wilson, Isabelle and Ava Daza, and Martine Cajucom, Get Cozy and Talk About Family and Style". ¡Hola! Philippines. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- Fernandez, Merla (20 April 2016). "20 non-showbiz but good-looking brothers of stars". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Summit Media. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- Ang, Raymond (24 July 2011). "Georgina Wilson & the sigh of the times". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- Villano, Alexa (29 March 2015). "Georgina Wilson to fresh grads: Set yourselves apart, give it your all". Rappler. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Sunnies Studios". Zalora. Zalora. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- Laurente, Zoe. "Sunnies Studios by the Numbers". Style Bible PH. Summit Digital. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- Beltran, Llhonette (22 February 2016). "22 celebrities who are in love with foreigners!". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Summit Media. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- Abando, Paulyn (1 May 2016). "Georgina Wilson ties the knot in UK". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "Georgina Wilson confirms pregnancy". The Philippine Star. 30 August 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.
- "Georgina Wilson posts first photo of baby boy". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. 26 December 2016. Retrieved 31 December 2016.