Georgios B. Giannakis
Born in Greece Giannakis received his MA in Electrical Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens in 1981, his M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California in 1983, his M.Sc. in Mathematics from the University of Southern California in 1986, and his PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California also in 1986.
After his graduation Giannakis started at the University of Virginia as Assistant Professor in 1987, became Associate Professor in 1992, and Professor in 1997. From 1999 to 2001 he was Professor at the University of Minnesota and since 2001 ADC Endowed Chair Professor in Wireless Telecommunications. Since 2008 he is also Director of the Digital Technology Center at the University of Minnesota.
- Wang, Zhendao, and Georgios B. Giannakis. "Wireless multicarrier communications." Signal Processing Magazine, IEEE 17.3 (2000): 29-48.
- Scaglione, Anna, et al. "Optimal designs for space-time linear precoders and decoders." Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on 50.5 (2002): 1051-1064.
- Yang, Liuqing, and Georgios B. Giannakis. "Ultra-wideband communications: an idea whose time has come." Signal Processing Magazine, IEEE 21.6 (2004): 26-54.
- Liu, Qingwen, Shengli Zhou, and Georgios B. Giannakis. "Cross-layer combining of adaptive modulation and coding with truncated ARQ over wireless links." Wireless Communications, IEEE Transactions on 3.5 (2004): 1746-1755.
- Gezici, Sinan, et al. "Localization via ultra-wideband radios: a look at positioning aspects for future sensor networks." Signal Processing Magazine, IEEE 22.4 (2005): 70-84.
- Georgios B. Giannakis degrees at umn.edu. Accessed September 5, 2013
- Georgios B. Giannakis at University of Minnesota