Georgy Boos in 2009
|4th Governor of Kaliningrad Oblast|
12 November 2005 – 27 September 2010
|Preceded by||Vladimir Yegorov|
|Succeeded by||Nikolay Tsukanov|
|Born||22 January 1963
Moscow, Russian SFSR
|Political party||United Russia|
|Alma mater||Moscow Power Engineering Institute|
Early life and education
Boos was born in Moscow into a Crimean German family on 22 January 1963. His parents were both engineers.
He graduated from the Moscow Power Engineering Institute in 1986 with an engineering degree.
In 1995 he received a Technical Sciences PhD (thesis - "Improving the efficiency of outdoor lighting installations of cities streets and squares" NIISF RAASN).
Boss performed his military service in the Soviet Air Force between 1986 and 1988 based at Spassk-Dalny.
In 1988 he was hired with the All-Union Technological and Lighting Scientific Research Institute, (VNISI), Moscow. where he remained for three years, holding the positions of Engineer, Senior Engineer and Junior Researcher. During the same time period, he was also a mathematics teacher at School № 247 in Moscow.
1991-1995 - director of the Moscow Scientific Production lighting Enterprise " Svetoservis ", which was founded by him and his father. In 1993 the company became a joint stock company, and Boos became its CEO. Since 1994, the firm is engaged in art-architectural lighting municipal facilities of Moscow as the main contractor. For his work on many enterprise professional exhibitions was medalist and winner of awards. The company " Svetoservis " patented a number of lighting solutions, in the development of which involved GV Boos. Among them - the industrial design " Lamp " (1995), well known as " vandal-proof " : designed for use in doorways .
From 1995 to 1998 and again from 1999 to 2005, he was a deputy of the State Duma, a vice-speaker (29 December 2003—21 September 2005). Boos is known as a close ally to Moscow mayor Yuri Luzhkov. He was a member of centrist Fatherland party led by Luzhkov, since it merged with Unity party he became a member of United Russia.
From 29 September until 23 December 1998, by resolution of Russian Federation Government, was appointed as the Chairman of the State Tax Service of the Russian Federation (from 23 December until 25 May 1999, by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation become a Minister of the Russian Federation for Taxes and Levies). In May 1999, dismissed with the Primakov cabinet.
On 14 September 2005 he was proposed by President Vladimir Putin to the Kaliningrad Oblast legislature as a governor of Kaliningrad Oblast and was approved soon after this. His tenure as governor ended in September 2010.
The company "Svetoservis" was founded in 1991. The main activity of the company: to create and develop a comfortable, functional and esthetic light environment, using progressive and ecological technologies and products of artificial light. In 1991, the company "Svetoservis" has entered the Moscow electrotechnical market to offer complex of services for the design, installation and operation of lighting systems of all kinds of lighting. In 1994 the Moscow government decided to create a light-color in a single environment, using a model of quality architectural lighting for the entire city. "Svetoservis" under the leadership of Boos GV, able to offer its innovative manufacturing business solutions for the implementation of a single set of architectural and art illumination of any buildings in the capital. On the eve of 1994 was successfully commissioned the first object - the hotel "Ukraine". Since 1994, the architectural and art illumination is a visiting card of the company. "Scientific and production lighting company "Svetoservis"" becomes multiple prize winner in many professional exhibitions, won numerous awards, including awards "Victoria" in the exhibitions of Russian design "Lighting Design", International and European Prize "For the quality of services" and others. The company implemented more than 6,000 projects, architectural, outdoor, landscape, sports and indoor lighting in more than 30 cities of Russia and abroad. Created: airports, railway transport hubs, culverts, residential infrastructure, sports and cultural complexes. Among them: the Triumphal Arch, Large-scale interactive media facades in New Arbat, Moscow Planetarium, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg. "Svetoservis" develops conceptual solutions, as in the scale of cities and individual architectural objects. Architectural lighting concept designed for the cities of Lipetsk, Perm, Surgut, Sochi. Designed and commissioned lighting concept of the Moscow Kremlin, highway Novy Arbat - Kutuzov Avenue. Thanks to "Svetoservis" 38 luxury bridges across the Moscow River shine with the colors of gems. "Svetoservis" has developed and implemented a project of lighting legendary Olympic Park Sochi 2014.
Boos' income in 2008 amounted to 122,370,965 rubles, of which 841,572 rubles earned on the main job, were transferred to the accounts of orphanages Kaliningrad region. In 2009, revenue was 86.4 million rubles.
Boos married three times. First to Valentina Boos, secondly to Elena Vladimirovna Lerina-Boos and third to Anna Boos. He has six children.
Honours and award
- Order For Merit to the Fatherland 4th class (21 January 2008) - for outstanding contribution to the socio-economic development of the region and many years of fruitful work
- Order of Honour (28 January 2004) - for active participation in legislative activities and many years of diligent work
- Medal "For Services in the Conduct of the Population Census"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 850th Anniversary of Moscow"
- Medal "In Commemoration of the 300th Anniversary of Saint Petersburg"
- Jubilee Medal "70 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- State Prize of the Russian Federation in the field of literature and art in 1996 (29 May 1997) - for the formation of light-color Moscow environment
- Diploma of the Government of the Russian Federation (6 July 1999) - for services to the state and years of diligent work
- Medal "Federation Council. 15 years "(2008) - for many years of hard work, great contribution to the interaction of the Federation Council of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation and state bodies, organizations in the development and improvement of the federal legislation of the Russian Federation, and the strengthening of the Russian state in connection with the 15th anniversary Council of Federation of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation
- Commander of the Order "For Merit" (Gabon, 2000)
- Order of Holy Blessed Prince Daniel of Moscow II degree (ROC, 2006)
- Higher Law Award "Themis" (17 February 2007) in the category "Russia and Europe" - For the development of civil society in the process of integration of the Russian Federation and the European Union
- Honorary Doctor of BFU. Kant (2012)
- "Georgy Valentinovich Boos". Russian Grids. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- Коммерсантъ.ru. Боос Георгий Валентинович
- Досье губернатора Бооса.
- ООО "СВЕТОСЕРВИС" (Russian Union of Designers)
- Interlight Moscow 2013 - results of the exhibition
- Interlight Moscow 2012 — the first lighting up exhibition of Russia
- Дизайн 2005 (Design Review)
- Lamps for gardens
- Boos lamp illuminate entrances
- Wizards bring light
- Russian Exhibition Center for Boos and Nisanova
- Deputy Sobyanin will do the Reconstruction of Russian Exhibition Center
- Georgy Boos removed from the reconstruction project of the Russian Exhibition Center
- Georgy Boos elected to the Board of Directors of IDGC
- Georgy Boos headed Energy Holding IDGC
- Georgy Boos resigned as chairman of the board of directors "Rosseti"
- Georgy Boos on Lenta.ru
- Sites of holding BL GROUP
- The formation of Russia's largest lighting holding BL Group is finished
- About Group
- DOSSIER GOVERNOR BOOS
- Resolution of the Government of Moscow
- Russian Union of Designers
- Exhibition Interlight Moscow
- Magazine "Power of Light"
- You can see Moscow in a new light at night now
- Magazine "Peace of Road"
- Architectural lighting of the Triumphal Arch
- In the heart of the capital will be media facades
- lighting project of the Moscow Planetarium
- MOSCOW GOVERNMENT DECREE
- Outdoor Lighting
- Magazine "Architect of the 21st century»
- The new Mariinsky Theatre met the first spectators
- Illumination on Novy Arbat and Kutuzov could cost 35 million rubles a year
- Muscovites will see Novy Arbat in a new light
- 38 bridges across the Moscow River shine with the colors of gems
- Bridge with tiger eye
- The concept of forming the light environment of the Olympic Park
- The first Olympic victories
- Houses, cars, ATVs and 21 lighting company
- VEDOMOSTI - A salary - to give a salary to children
- Указ Президента Российской Федерации от 21 января 2008 года № 53
- Собрание законодательства Российской Федерации 2 февраля 2004, № 5, ст. 356
- Указ Президента Российской Федерации от 29 мая 1997 года № 532 «О присуждении Государственных премий Российской Федерации в области литературы и искусства 1996 года»
- Распоряжение Правительства Российской Федерации от 6 июля 1999 года № 1069-р «О награждении Почётной грамотой Правительства Российской Федерации Бооса Г. В.»
- Георгий Боос награждён медалью Совета Федерации
- Георгий Боос. Поездка в Габон и Камерун.
- Святейший Патриарх Алексий совершил всенощное бдение в Крестовоздвиженском соборе Калининграда.
- Георгий Боос был удостоен Высшей юридической премии
- "Боос. Перезагрузка". Archived from the original on 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- This article incorporates material translated from Russian Wikipedia
- Biography in Russian from Peoples.ru
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georgy Valentinovich Boos.|