28 April 1868|
Zhuravka, Poltava Governorate, Russian Empire
20 November 1908 (aged 40)|
Warsaw, Congress Poland
|Alma mater||Saint Petersburg University|
Voronoi diagram (Voronoy tesselation)|
|Institutions||University of Warsaw|
|Doctoral advisor||Andrey Markov|
Georgy Feodosevich Voronoy (Ukrainian: Георгій Феодосійович Вороний; Russian: Гео́ргий Феодо́сьевич Вороно́й; 28 April 1868 – 20 November 1908) was a mathematician noted for defining the Voronoi diagram.
From 1889, Voronoy studied at Saint Petersburg University, where he was a student of Andrey Markov. In 1894 he defended his master's thesis On algebraic integers depending on the roots of an equation of third degree. In the same year, Voronoy became a professor at the University of Warsaw, where he worked on continued fractions. In 1897, he defended his doctoral thesis On a generalisation of a continuous fraction. He was an Invited Speaker of the ICM in 1904 at Heidelberg.
Following a severe illness, Voronoy died on November 20, 1908.
Among his students was Wacław Sierpiński (Ph.D. at Jagiellonian University in 1906). Although he was not formally the doctoral advisor of Boris Delaunay (Ph.D. at Kiev University), his influence on the latter earns him the right to be considered so. 
- G.F. Voronoi (1908). "Nouvelles applications des paramètres continus à la théorie de formes quadratiques". Journal für die reine und angewandte Mathematik. 134: 198–287.
- "Sur une propriété du discriminant des fonctions entières par G. Voronoi". Verhandlungen des dritten Mathematiker-Kongresses in Heidelberg von 8. bis 13. August 1904. Leipzig: B. G. Teubner. 1905. pp. 186–189.
- Liebling, Thomas; Pournin, Lionel (2012). "Voronoi diagrams and Delaunay triangulations: ubiquitous Siamese twins" (PDF). Optimization Stories. Documenta Mathematica. Extra Volume ISMP. pp. 419–431. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-08-09.
- Национальный банк Украины ввел в оборот монету “Георгий Вороной” Archived 2011-07-08 at the Wayback Machine.
- Syta, Halyna; van de Weygaert, Rien (2009). "Life and Times of Georgy Voronoi". arXiv: . Bibcode:2009arXiv0912.3269S..