|Developer(s)||Mathieu Bastian, Eduardo Ramos Ibañez, Mathieu Jacomy, Cezary Bartosiak, Sébastien Heymann, Julian Bilcke, Patrick McSweeney, André Panisson, Jérémy Subtil, Helder Suzuki, Martin Skurla, Antonio Patriarca|
|Initial release||31 July 2008|
0.9.2 / 26 September 2017
|Written in||Java, OpenGL|
|Operating system||Linux, Windows, macOS|
|Available in||English, Chinese, Czech, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish,|
|License||GNU General Public License, Common Development and Distribution License|
Its last version, 0.9.0 has been launched in December 2015, with updates in February 2016 (0.9.1) and September 2017 (0.9.2). Previous versions are 0.6.0 (2008), 0.7.0 (2010), 0.8.0 (2011), 0.8.1 (2012) and 0.8.2 (2013).
The Gephi Consortium, created in 2010, is a French non-profit corporation which supports development of future releases of Gephi. Members include SciencesPo, Linkfluence, WebAtlas, and Quid. Gephi is also supported by a large community of users, structured on a discussion group and a forum and producing numerous blogposts, papers and tutorials.
Gephi has been used in a number of research projects in academia, journalism and elsewhere, for instance in visualizing the global connectivity of New York Times content and examining Twitter network traffic during social unrest along with more traditional network analysis topics. Gephi is widely used within the digital humanities (in history, literature, political sciences, etc.), a community where many of its developers are involved.
- Graph (discrete mathematics)
- Graph drawing
- Graph theory
- Graph (data structure)
- Social network analysis software
- File formats
- Related software
- https://launchpad.net/gephi/0.6/0.6alpha1 Gephi version 0.6a1 release date
- Grandjean, Martin (2014). "La connaissance est un réseau". Les Cahiers du Numérique. 10 (3): 37–54. doi:10.3166/lcn.10.3.37-54. Retrieved 2014-10-15.
- Bastian, Mathieu; Heymann, Sebastien; Jacomy, Mathieu (2009), "Gephi : An Open Source Software for Exploring and Manipulating Networks", AAAI Publications, Third International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, retrieved 2011-11-22
- Desmedt, Patrice (2011), "Sébastien Heymann - Le cartographe des données", L'Usine Nouvelle, retrieved 2011-12-14
- Gephi 0.9 released
- Gephi updates with 0.9.1 version
- Gephi 0.9.2 : a new CSV importer
- Liste des versions, sur GitHub
- "The Gephi Consortium - Members". The Gephi Consortium. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- Gephi Facebook group
- Gephi forums
- Grandjean, Martin (2015), GEPHI - Introduction to Network Analysis and Visualisation, retrieved 2016-08-15
- Leetaru, Kalev H. (2011), "Culturomics 2.0:Forecasting Large-scale human behavior using global news media tone in time and space", First Monday, retrieved 2011-11-22
- Aouragh, Miriyam (2011), "Collateral Damage: #Oslo Attacks and Proliferating Islamophobia", Jadaliyya, retrieved 2011-11-22
- Panisson (2011), "The Egyptian Revolution on Twitter - Featured on the PBS News Hour", YouTube, retrieved 2011-11-22
- Correa, Debora C. (2011), "Using Digraphs and a Second-Order Markovian Model for Rhythm Classification", Complex Networks, retrieved 2011-11-22
- Grandjean, Martin (2017). "Analisi e visualizzazioni delle reti in storia. L'esempio della cooperazione intellettuale della Società delle Nazioni". Memoria e Ricerca (2): 371–393. doi:10.14647/87204. See also: French version (PDF) and English summary.
- Launched in 2011 and stopped in 2014.
- Heymann, Sebastien (2011), 2010 Usage of Gephi, archived from the original on 2011-11-21, retrieved 2011-11-22