|Title||Defensive backs coach|
|Born||June 28, 1984|
|2011||New York Jets|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|2013||Arkansas State (GA)|
|2015||Tennessee Titans (Intern)|
|2015||Indiana State (DB)|
|2016||Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Intern)|
|2016||Montana State (DB)|
|Accomplishments and honors|
|4x First Team All-WAC|
Alexander was a former Graduate Assistant with Arkansas State University and the University of Washington. In July 2015, he became the defensive backs coach at Indiana State University. In December 2015, he accepted the position of defensive backs coach at Montana State University, working under Head Coach Jeff Choate. Most recently, he has accepted to be the Defensive Backs coach at California under new Head Coach Justin Wilcox.
He was one of the players who helped lead Boise State to their improbable Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma in the 2006 season. While at Boise State, Alexander was a four-time First-Team All-WAC selection.
Alexander played all 16 games of his rookie season when safety Daniel Bullocks suffered a season-ending knee injury during a preseason game against the Indianapolis Colts. During that 2007 season Gerald recorded 81 tackles, 59 solo and 22 assisted. He also had 2 sacks, interceptions and fumble recoveries.
On November 23, the Panthers signed Alexander. He became a free agent after the season.
Alexander signed with the Miami Dolphins on August 28, 2011. Alexander was released on September 2, 2011 by the Miami Dolphins. Re-signed on October 19, 2011.
New York Jets
Alexander was signed by the New York Jets on December 13, 2011 to add depth to the safety position following a season-ending injury to starting safety Jim Leonhard. He was released on March 14, 2012.
|Year||Team||Games||Combined Tackles||Tackles||Assisted Tackles||Sacks||Forced Fumbles||Fumble Recoveries||Fumble Return Yards||Interceptions||Interception Return Yards||Average Yards per Interception Return||Longest Interception Return||Interceptions Returned for Touchdown||Pass Defeneded||Stuffs||Stuff Yards||Kick Blocks|
- "Jaguars continue roster shuffling; Alexander released". jagsreport.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-12.
- "Panthers add depth at quarterback and safety". charlotteobserver.com.[permanent dead link]
- Mehta, Manish (13 December 2011). "Jets sign Gerald Alexander to take Jim Leonhard's spot on roster". New York Daily News. Archived from the original on 13 December 2011. Retrieved 13 December 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (14 March 2012). "Free-agent receiver Chaz Schilens to visit Jets". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 14 March 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- "Gerald Alexander Stats". ESPN Internet Ventures. Retrieved 22 January 2014.