From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Member of the Kentucky House of Representatives
from the 49th district
January 8, 2013
|Preceded by||David Housman|
December 8, 1954 |
|Alma mater||Paducah Community College
Murray State University
Gerald Lynn Watkins (born December 8, 1954 in Paducah, Kentucky) is a U.S. politician and a Democratic member of the Kentucky House of Representatives representing District 3 since January 8, 2013.
- 2012 Redistricted to District 3, with Representative David Housman leaving the Legislature, Watkins was unopposed for the May 22, 2012 Democratic Primary and won the November 6, 2012 General election with 9,349 votes (59.3%) against Republican nominee Jason Crockett.
- 1992 Initially in District 4, Watkins ran in the three-way May 26, 1992 Democratic Primary but lost to Frank Rasche.
- 1998 When Representative Kathy Hogancamp ran for Kentucky Senate and left the seat open, Watkins ran in the three-way 1998 Democratic Primary, but lost to Michael Cherry, who went on to win the November 3, 1998 General election against Republican nominee Sandra Furjanic.
- "Representative Gerald Watkins (D)". Frankfort, Kentucky: Kentucky House of Representatives. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Gerald Watkins' Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- "Commonwealth of Kentucky November 6, 2012 Official 2012 General Election Results" (PDF). Frankfort, Kentucky: Secretary of State of Kentucky. p. 25. Retrieved April 22, 2014.
- Official page at the Kentucky General Assembly
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Gerald Watkins at Ballotpedia
- Gerald Watkins at the National Institute on Money in State Politics
|This article about a Kentucky politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|