Gerardo Flores Zúñiga
|Full name||Gerardo Flores Zúñiga|
|Date of birth||5 February 1986|
|Place of birth||Xochitepec, Morelos, Mexico|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Right Wing-Back, Right Midfielder|
|2008–2010||→ Jaguares (loan)||38||(0)|
|2016||→ Toluca (loan)||25||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 November 2017|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 9 April 2016
- 1 Club career
- 2 International
- 3 Honours
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Gerardo Flores began his football career with cross town club Zacatepec FC in Morelos, Mexico. During his stay at Zacatepec, he would be called to the Mexican squad that would participate in the 2003 FIFA U-17 World Championship held in Finland by coach Julio Grondona.
Gerardo Flores played only one match with Zacatepec, in a quarter final game of the Clausura 2004 season versus Club Leon .
Flores came to CF Monterrey in 2005. he began playing with Monterrey's B team in the Primera A, but eventually rose to the first team. During the Clausura 2007 season Gerardo Flores made his professional debut for CF Monterrey under Coach Miguel Herrera, on February 17, 2007 in a 2–2 draw against Necaxa, Flores started and played the entire match. After one season with Monterrey Flores was Transferred to Atlas for the Apertura 2007 season.
Being transferred to Atlas Flores got to play in the 2008 Copa Libertadores. He was loaned for two years to Jaguares. When he returned from Chiapas, he would play two more seasons with Atlas before signing with Cruz Azul in 2011 .
Flores was loaned to Jaguares, where he would stay on loan for 2 years. during his stay Flores and his team mates helped Jaguares reach the Quarter Final of the Clausura 2009 play offs losing versus Pachuca.
He was transferred on June 2011 to Cruz Azul. During his time in Cruz Azul he won the Copa MX once, as well as the CONCACAF Champions League once in 2013 and 2014 respectively. He also made 3 appearances in the 2014 FIFA Club World Cup losing to Real Madrid in the semifinals and losing for third place against Australian team Auckland City. He was also given the chance to play in the 2015 Copa America with Mexico but it was cut short as they failed to advance from the group stages.
On December 16, 2015, it was made official that Flores would be joining Deportivo Toluca in a season-long loan deal from Cruz Azul. In January 6, Flores made his debut with Toluca against Tigres de la UANL, he played 75' minutes and the team won with a single goal from Colombian striker Fernando Uribe at minute 90+.
In 2003 Gerardo Flores was chosen by coach Julio Grondona to be part of the Mexican squad participating in the 2003 FIFA U-17 World Championship in Finland. Flores played every single game in the tournament. Flores scored once in the tournament against China. Mexico reached the quarter final losing 2–0 against Argentina.
U-17 International appearances
|U-17 International appearances|
|1.||13 August 2003||Finnair Stadium, Helsinki, Finland||Colombia||0–0||2003 FIFA U-17 World Championship|
|2.||16 August 2003||Finnair Stadium, Helsinki, Finland||Finland||2–0||2003 FIFA U-17 World Championship|
|3.||19 August 2003||Finnair Stadium, Helsinki, Finland||China PR||3–3||2003 FIFA U-17 World Championship|
|4.||23 August 2003||Lahti Stadium, Lahti, Finland||Argentina||0–2||2003 FIFA U-17 World Championship Quarter Final|
U-17 International Goals
|1.||August 19, 2003||Sonera Stadium, Helsinki, Finland||China PR||1–1||3–3||2003 FIFA U-17 World Championship|
2013 FIFA Confederations Cup
When Oribe Peralta was forced to withdraw from the Mexico squad because of injury, Mexico coach José Manuel de la Torre turned to Gerardo Flores to replace him.
He started in only the two first games of Mexico in the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.
As of 23 March 2016
- Cruz Azul
- "Monterrey 2 - 2 Necaxa". Archived from the original on 5 November 2013.
- "FIFA U-17 World Championship Finland 2003". FIFA. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 16 June 2013.
- "FIFA U-17 World Championship Finland 2003". FIFA. Archived from the original on 30 June 2013. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- "Gerardo Flores's U-17 National Team Appearances".
- "Gerardo Flores's U-17 National Team Goals". Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Peru vs. Mexico 0 - 0". 18 April 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Mexico vs. Nigeria 2 - 2". 1 June 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Jamaica vs. Mexico 0 - 1". 5 June 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Panama vs. Mexico 0 - 0". 8 June 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Mexico vs. Costa Rica 0 - 0". 12 June 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Mexico 1-2 Italy". 16 June 2013. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "FIFA Confederations Cup Brazil 2013". Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Gerardo Flores's Senior National Team Appearances". Retrieved 20 August 2017.