Gerbrandy is a member of liberal party Democrats 66.
Gerbrandy has been a Member of the European Parliament since the 2009 elections. He has since been serving on the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety. Between 2012 and 2014, he was the committee’s vice-chairman. In this capacity, he chaired part of the negotiations on a EU ban on ‘invasive alien species’ that have a negative impact on the environment. He was also part of the European Parliament’s delegation to the 2014 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Lima, Peru.
Between 2009 and 2014, Gerbrandy also served on the Committee on Budgetary Control. In this capacity, he drafted the committee’s opinion on the spending of the more than 30 agencies of the European Union in 2013.
In addition, Gebrandy is the vice chairman of the European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas as well as a member of the European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals. He is also a supporter of the MEP Heart Group, a group of parliamentarians who have an interest in promoting measures that will help reduce the burden of cardiovascular diseases (CVD).
- Dave Keating (February 14, 2014), Talks on banned species list collapse European Voice.
- Dave Keating (December 4, 2014), MEPs prepare to join climate talks European Voice.
- Toby Vogel (March 19, 2013), MEPs delay approval of environment agency spending European Voice.
- Chair & Board European Parliament Intergroup on Seas, Rivers, Islands and Coastal Areas.
- Members European Parliament Intergroup on the Welfare and Conservation of Animals.
- Supporters MEP Heart Group.
- Dave Keating (December 6, 2014), High level talks in Lima begin on Monday European Voice.
|This article about a Dutch politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|