Gerber Life Insurance Company
Fremont, Michigan, U.S.
Number of employees
|Parent||Western & Southern Financial Group|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2020)
The Gerber Life Insurance Company was formed in 1967 in Fremont, Michigan. Gerber Life provides juvenile and family life insurance products to middle-income families along with medical insurance to small- and medium-sized businesses. It is currently owned by Western & Southern Financial Group, who licenses the Gerber trademark from the Gerber Products Company unit of Nestlé.
Gerber Life is headquartered in White Plains, New York, and has an operation center in Fremont, Michigan. The company has $52 billion of life insurance in force with 3.6 million policies for individuals throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
In 2007, Nestlé acquired the company with Gerber Products. Nestlé announced on September 17, 2018, that it would be selling the Gerber Life Insurance Company to Western & Southern Financial Group for $1.55 billion.
- Whole Life Plan
- Family Life Insurance Plan
- Accident Protection Insurance
- Gerber Life College Plan
- "Gerber Life Insurance Company: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-11-16.
- Caproni, Erin (September 17, 2018). "Western & Southern to make $1.5B acquisition". Cincinnati Business Courier. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- http://www.gerberlife.com/gl/view/index.jsp#product1 Archived 2010-11-01 at the Wayback Machine
- Iacurci, Greg (September 18, 2018). "Western & Southern buys Gerber Life Insurance in $1.55 billion deal". Investment News. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Scism, Leslie; Barba, Robert (17 September 2018). "Nestlé to Sell Gerber Life Insurance to Western & Southern Financial" – via www.wsj.com.