This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||April 1, 1972 (age 48)|
He started taekwondo at the age of 8. He trained with his brother, Joseph Salim, at Gladsaxe Taekwondo Klub near Copenhagen. In 1991, Gergely Salim won a gold medal in the finweight division at the World Taekwondo Championships in Athens. Next year, at the age of 20, he participated in the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona and claimed a gold medal (taekwondo at the 1992 Olympics was held as a demonstration sport). He also won three consecutive European Championships from 1990-1994 as a member of the Danish national taekwondo team.
His older brother, Joseph Salim, is also a 3-time European Champion, World Cup 1987 Gold and World Championship medalist (silver in 1991), representing Denmark. However, Since 1995, both Gergely and Joseph Salim have been living in Los Angeles, USA.
Gergely Salim's son Omar Salim won the Gold medal at the Cadet Pan American Championships in 2015 representing the USA.
- "Gergely Salim". Olympedia.org. Retrieved June 11, 2020.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Taekwondo at the 1992 Barcelona Summer Games: Men's Finweight (August 5, 1992)". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on June 30, 2017. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "SALIM, Gergely". TaekwondoData.com.
- Gergely Salim at the International Olympic Committee
- Gergely Salim at the Olympic Channel
- Gergely Salim at Olympedia
|This biographical article related to Danish sports is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a Hungarian sports person is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to Taekwondo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|