|Born||April 1, 1972 (age 49)|
In 1991, Gergely Salim won a gold medal in the finweight division at the World Taekwondo Championships in Athens. Next year, at the age of 20, he participated in the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona and claimed a gold medal. He also won three consecutive European Championships from 1990 to 1994 for the Danish national team.
His older brother, Joseph Salim, also pursued a great career in the sport as he also was a 3-time european champion and runner-up at the 1991 world championship.
- "Gergely Salim". Olympedia.org. Retrieved June 11, 2020.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Taekwondo at the 1992 Barcelona Summer Games: Men's Finweight (August 5, 1992)". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on June 30, 2017. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "SALIM, Gergely". TaekwondoData.com.
- "Teenagers take gold on opening day of European Taekwondo C.. [World Taekwondo]". m.worldtaekwondo.org. Retrieved 2021-05-08.
- Gergely Salim at the International Olympic Committee
- Gergely Salim at Olympics.com
- Gergely Salim at Olympedia