|Born||12 March 1891|
14 April 1942 (aged 51)|
German Empire |
|Commands held||31st Infantry Division|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Gerhard Berthold (12 March 1891 – 14 April 1942) was a German general in the Wehrmacht of Nazi Germany during World War II who commanded several divisions. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. Berthold was killed on 14 April 1942 in Yukhnov, Russia. He was posthumously promoted to Generalleutnant.
Awards and decorations
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (15 September 1939) & 1st Class (1 October 1939)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 4 December 1941 as Generalmajor and commander of 31. Infanterie-Division
- Thomas & Wegmann 1987, p. 440.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 111.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Thomas, Franz; Wegmann, Günter (1987). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Deutschen Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Teil III: Infanterie Band 1: A–Be [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the German Wehrmacht 1939–1945 Part III: Infantry Volume 1: A–Be] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-1153-2.
Generalmajor Kurt Kalmukoff
| Commander of 31. Infanterie-Division
13 August 1941 – 20 January 1942
Oberst Friedrich Hoßbach