|This article does not cite any sources. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Time zone||Malaysian Standard Time (UTC+8)|
Gerik (Chinese: 宜力; alternate spelling: Grik) is the district capital of Hulu Perak district in Perak, Malaysia. It is approximately 130 km north of Ipoh city and 120 km east of Butterworth, Penang. The town is also known as Rest Town owing to its strategic location next to East-West Highway , the main route linking Kedah and Penang to the east coast.
Notable Landmarks in Gerik
- District and Land Office
- Malaysian Public Works Department (JKR) district offices
- District mosque
- Bus Station
- Restoran Limra (Mamak special)-A Mamak Restaurant on the main road of Gerik, at the middle of the row , before reaching Bangunan Persekutuan Gerik (The Federal Building).
- Restoran Riz - A Malay cuisine restaurant owned by an Akademi Fantasia artiste named Riz.
- Restoran Nasi Lemak Ayam Godam - Fresh nasi lemak with chicken in its own peculiar cooking style.
- Chau Y Restaurant - Serving Chinese cuisine, including freshwater fish, wild boar meat, and anchovies with cashew nuts. Opens for lunch and dinner. Terrible English. On the main road of Gerik.
- 113 Restaurant - A Chinese restaurant on the main road of Gerik, at the end of the same row with Chau Y.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)
- Salim Kari Kepala Ikan
- Gerai Che Mah Batu 3 (Malay cuisine).
- Pizza Hut Delivery.
School and Education
- SK Sri Adika Raja
- SK Mahkota Sari
- SK Batu 4
- SJK(T) Gerik
- SMK Gerik
- SMK Sultan Idris Shah II
- SMK Seri Budiman
- MRSM Gerik
- Kolej Komuniti Gerik
- SMK Batu 4,Jalan Kuala Rui
- SJK(C) Chung Wa
- SJK(C) Batu 2
- SJK(C) Kuala Rui
- SM Teknik Gerik
SK.Pahit SK Kerunai SK Plang SK Budiman SK Tan Sri Ghazali Jawi Sk Ganda Temengor
Cyber cafe & Internet
- Jalan Empangan Sultan Azlan Shah kg bersia lama GERIK (IJDOTCOM)
- Taman Emkay Jalan Permata 3 GERIK (IJDOTCOM)
Fishing and Camping
- Tasik Banding
- Tasik Temenggor (Temenggor Lake)
- Tasik Bersia Lama
- Gerik Illo
Gerik is located right next to the intersection of highways 4 and 76. Highway is the main route preferred by Penang and Kedah motorists to access the east coast states of Kelantan and Terengganu. Highway links Gerik to Pengkalan Hulu (right next to the border with Thailand) and then Baling in Kedah due north, and to Kuala Kangsar, the royal seat of Perak in the south.
The constituency also supplies two seats to the Perak State Legislative Assembly, namely:
Both seats are also currently held by Barisan Nasional.
- "Ahli Parlimen". Portal Rasmi Parlimen Malaysia. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
|This article about a location in the Sultanate of Perak is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|