|Real name||Germán Altamírano García|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (174 cm)|
|Reach||71 in (182 cm)|
September 13, 1991 |
San Diego, California
|Wins by KO||1|
Germán Altamírano García (born September 13, 1991 in San Diego, California) is a Mexican professional boxer in the Lightweight division. Both of his parents are from San Luis Río Colorado, Sonora, Mexico.
Germán started boxing at the age of 10 and was a two-time Arizona amateur champion. In Arizona he fought with highly touted prospect Jose Benavidez three times, in their second fight Jorge "Maromero" Páez gave the winner a trophy. In January 2010 he refused an offer by Mexican amateur authorities, for an opportunity to make the 2012 Olympic team, instead he decided on a professional career.
Altamírano is signed to Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions. On March 27, 2010 Germán won his professional debut against veteran Rene Ruiz by first round K.O. in Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico.
On October 4, 2010, due to discipline problems, Germán was released from his contract with Golden Boy Promotions.
|2 Wins (1 knockouts), 1 Losses, 0 Draw|
|Loss||2-1-0||Pedro Torres||KO||1 (1:02)||October 2, 2010||Puerto Peñasco, Sonora, Mexico|
|Win||2-0-0||Fernando Salazar||SD||4 (4)||May 8, 2010||Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico|
|Win||1-0-0||Rene Ruiz||KO||1 (1:29)||March 24, 2010||Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico||Pro debut|
- Neyoy, Cesar (2010-06-13). "Good start for Altamírano". Yuma Sun. Archived from the original on 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- Rivera, Chatos (2008-03-02). "Altamírano vs Benavidez II". Youtube. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- Luevanos, Fernando (2010-05-26). "Germán Altamírano". Boxrec. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- Serrat, Joe (2010-05-25). "Germán future star". Boxeo Editores. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
- Neyoy, Cesar (2010-04-01). "Germán wins his pro debut". Bajo El Sol. Archived from the original on 2011-07-07. Retrieved 2010-08-13.
|This biographical article related to a Mexican boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|