German American Conference at Harvard
The German American Conference at Harvard is a student-led conference organized on a yearly basis. The conference brings together American and German leaders from business, politics, and academia with students. By building a community of aspiring and established leaders in the United States and Germany, the conference aims at bettering transatlantic relations.
According to the German newspaper Handelsblatt the German American conference has developed into an important "transatlantic summit".
Until 2014 the conference was called German Conference at Harvard.
The German American Conference at Harvard 2015 featured an Innovation Lounge. Startups and industry leaders from both sides of the Atlantic showcased in a 12,000 square feet Innovation Lounge.  The German business weekly WirtschaftsWoche described this Innovation Lounge as a "Schlaraffenland" for startups.
- Robert Zoellick, 11th President of the World Bank
- General Michael Hayden, Former Director of CIA & NSA
- Frank Mattern, Director of McKinsey & Company and Global Head of Recruiting
- Dr. Miriam Meckel, Chief Editor, WirtschaftsWoche
- Thomas Gottschalk, German TV Host and Entertainer
- Dr. Peter Wittig, German Ambassador to the U.S.
- Ska Keller, Vice-president and Spokesperson for migration of the Green Group in the European Parliament
- Ingo Zamperoni, U.S. Correspondent of ARD German TV and former news anchor for ARD
- Kai Diekmann, Chief Editor BILD
- Ranga Yogeshwar, German TV Host & Scientist
- Prof. Claudia Kemfert, Head of the department of energy, transportation and environment at the German Institute for Economic Research in Berlin / DIW Berlin
- Stephan Gemkow, CEO Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH
- Dr. Eric Fellhauer, Managing Director and Co-Head of Investment Banking of Lazard Germany
- Thomas Geisel, Mayor of Düsseldorf, Germany
The German American Conference at Harvard is a student-led conference. In 2015 the conference was organized by a team gathered around four co-chairs: Julia von Cube, Bernhard Guerich, Noshad Irshad and Frederic Rupprecht. The German American Conference in April 2017 is chaired by Rachel Seavey, Sophie Weihmann, Fabian Baldauf, Greg Dobak and Tim Enke.
- Norbert Lammert, President of the German Bundestag
- Frank-Walter Steinmeier, former Vice-Chancellor and Federal Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Sigmar Gabriel, Federal Minister of Economic Affairs and Energy
- Ursula von der Leyen, Federal Minister of Defense
- Yves Leterme, Secretary-General of the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance, former Prime Minister of Belgium
- Wolfgang Ischinger, Chairman of the Munich Security Conference
- General Wesley Clark