German Historical Institute London
The German Historical Institute London (GHIL) is one of the nine independent academic research institutes of the German Historical Institute (German: Deutsche Historische Institute) that are part of the Max Weber Foundation.
The Institute promotes research on "medieval and modern history, in particular on the comparative history of Britain and Germany, on the British Empire and the Commonwealth, and on Anglo-German relations."
The directors of the Institute have been:
- Paul Kluke August 1975 - July 1977
- Wolfgang Mommsen August 1977 - July 1985
- Adolf M. Birke August 1977 - July 1985
- Peter Wende September 1994 - August 2000
- Hagen Schulze September 2000 - August 2006
- Andreas Gestrich - September 2006 to date
- German Historical Institute: 40 year anniversary. German Historical Institute, London, 2016. p. 4.
- Welcome. German Historical Institute London. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- 17 Bloomsbury Square - A House with a History. Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine German Historical Institute London. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to German Historical Institute London.|
|This article about an organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|