German School Shanghai
|German School Shanghai|
Deutsche Schule Shanghai
|Number of pupils||ca. 1300|
The German School & Kindergarten Shanghai (German: Deutsche Schule Shanghai, simplified Chinese: 上海德国学校; traditional Chinese: 上海德國學校; pinyin: Shànghǎi Déguó Xuéxiào) is a private school in Shanghai, with locations in Qingpu District and Pudong.
It was established in 1995 for expatriate German pupils. With ca. 1300 pupils the school is the largest German School in China and the largest of its kind worldwide.
The school contains:
- one-year preschool
- four-year elementary school (Grundschule)
- eight-year secondary school (Hauptschule, Realschule and Gymnasium)
The German School Shanghai (DSS) and the French School of Shanghai (LFS) built a new combined "EuroCampus" for their students, completed in 2005.
In September 2007 the PudongCampus was opened, which is a branch of the DSS.
- List of international schools in Shanghai
- List of international schools
- Qingpu District, Shanghai
- "Kontakt." German School of Shanghai EuroCampus. Retrieved on 23 May 2014. "Deutsche Schule Shanghai EuroCampus 350 Gaoguang Lu Shanghai 201702 " - Chinese address: "上海德国学校 欧洲校园 （浦西） 201702上海市高光路350号"
- "Kontakte." German School of Shanghai Pudong. Retrieved on 23 May 2014. "DS Shanghai Pudong 1100 Jufeng Lu 201206 Shanghai - VR China" - Chinese address: "上海德国学校浦东校园 201206上海市巨峰路1100号综合楼"
- "Eine neue Schule für die deutsch-französische Gemeinschaft." German School Shanghai. Retrieved on February 1, 2018. "Die DS Shanghai hat sich[...]Schulbildung in Shanghai weiter ausgebaut werden. "
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deutsche Schule Shanghai.|