German Township, St. Joseph County, Indiana
Location in St. Joseph County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||16.96 sq mi (43.92 km2)|
|• Land||16.89 sq mi (43.73 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.19 km2) 0.43%|
|Elevation||794 ft (242 m)|
|• Density||504.3/sq mi (194.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||453327|
According to the United States Census Bureau, German Township covers an area of 16.96 square miles (43.9 km2); of this, 16.89 square miles (43.7 km2) (99.57 percent) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (0.43 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- South Bend (partial)
- Niles Township, Berrien County, Michigan (north)
- Clay Township (east)
- Portage Township (southeast)
- Warren Township (southwest)
- Bertrand Township, Berrien County, Michigan (northwest)
The township contains Highland Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- McClures Airport
- South Bend Regional Airport (fmr. Michiana Regional Airport, vast majority)
- South Bend Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 7
- State House District 8
- State Senate District 10
- State Senate District 11
- State Senate District 8
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "German Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.