German Township, Vanderburgh County, Indiana
Location in Vanderburgh County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||28.84 sq mi (74.7 km2)|
|• Land||28.56 sq mi (74.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.28 sq mi (0.7 km2) 0.97%|
|Elevation||479 ft (146 m)|
|• Density||260.6/sq mi (100.6/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47712, 47720|
|GNIS feature ID||453328|
German Township was organized in 1845.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 28.84 square miles (74.7 km2), of which 28.56 square miles (74.0 km2) (or 99.03%) is land and 0.28 square miles (0.73 km2) (or 0.97%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Darmstadt (far west edge)
- Vanderburgh County
- Posey County
The township contains these cemeteries: Higinbottom, Huber, Richter, Saint Peters, St. Joseph, and St. Paul's.
- Indiana's 8th congressional district
- State House District 75
- State Senate District 50
- "German Township, Vanderburgh County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-02-20.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Vanderburgh County, Indiana: From the Earliest Times to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1889. p. 63.
||Armstrong Township||Scott Township|
|Robinson Township, Posey County||Center Township|