Embassy of Germany, Washington, D.C.
The German Embassy in Washington, D.C. is the Federal Republic of Germany's diplomatic mission to the United States. The German chancery, located at 4645 Reservoir Road NW, Northwest, Washington, D.C. was designed by Egon Eiermann, and opened on May 11, 1964. On July 7, 2014, the embassy moved back into the chancery on Reservoir Road after a four-year renovation. In September 1994, the new ambassador's residence, located on Foxhall Road NW, was opened. The striking building overlooking a terraced park at the corner of Foxhall and Reservoir roads was designed by Cologne-based architect O.M. Ungers.
The Consular office and German Information Center are located at 4645 Reservoir Road NW, Washington, D.C..
Apart from the embassy in Washington, Germany's diplomatic operations in the United States include:
- a consulate general in Atlanta, Georgia (Consul General Christoph Sander)
- a consulate general in Boston, Massachusetts (Consul General Rolf Schütte)
- a consulate general in Chicago, Illinois (Consul General Herbert Quelle)
- a consulate general in Houston, Texas (Consul General Ricarda Redeker)
- a consulate general in Los Angeles, California (Consul General Dr. Bernd Fischer)
- a consulate general in Miami, Florida (Consul General Jürgen Borsch)
- a consulate general in New York City, (Consul General Brita Wagener)
- a consulate general in San Francisco, California (Consul General Stefan Schlueter)
- Honorary consuls in Albuquerque, Anchorage, Birmingham, Bonita Springs, Buffalo, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Greenville, Honolulu, Indianapolis, Jackson, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Louisville, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, San Juan, Seattle, Spokane, St. Louis, Virginia Beach
List of ambassadors
Ambassadors from the Federal Republic of Germany to the U.S.
- 1950-1/1958 Dr. phil. Heinz (Heinrich) Ludwig Hermann Krekeler (20.7.1906-5.8.2003), 6/1950 Consul General, 6/1951 Chargé d'Affaires, 5/1955 Ambassador
- 2/1958-5/1962 Prof. Dr. jur. Wilhelm Grewe (16.10.1911-11.1.2000)
- 6/1962(Agrément)-31.12.1968/1969 Karl Heinrich Knappstein (15.4.1906-6.5.1989)
- 20.12.1968(Agrément)/1969-1973 Dr. jur. Rolf Friedemann Pauls (*26.8.1915)
- 2/1973-11/1979 Berndt von Staden (*24.6.1919)
- 1979-9.7.1984 Dr. jur. Peter Hermes (*8.8.1922)
- 7/1984-10/1987(Ruhestand) Günther van Well (15.10.1922-14.8.1993)
- 11/1987-8/1992 Dr. jur. Jürgen Ruhfus (*4.8.1930) Mun
- 1992-1995 Immo Stabreit (*24.1.1933) Mun
- 1995-2001 Jürgen Chrobog (*28.2.1940) Mun
- 2001-2006 Wolfgang Ischinger (*6.4.1946) Bot [2002- Mun]
- 2006-2011 Dr. Klaus Scharioth (*8. October 1946)
- 2011-2014 Peter Ammon (*23.2.1952)
- since 2014 Dr. Peter Wittig (*11.08.1954)
- Lambach, Frank (2004) Our Men in Washington, no ISBN given, a publication of the German Embassy in Washington. 
- Auswärtiges Amt, Vertretungen in den USA 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Embassy of Germany, Washington, D.C..|