Map of Tarlac showing the location of Gerona
|Region||Central Luzon (Region III)|
|• Mayor||Eloy C. Eclar|
|• Vice Mayor||Pacifico L. Agudo|
|• Total||128.89 km2 (49.76 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||680/km2 (1,800/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)45|
|Income class||1st class|
Gerona (Kapampangan: Balen ning Gerona; Ilocano: Ili ti Gerona) is a first-class municipality in the province of Tarlac, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 87,531 people.
The MacArthur Highway goes through the center of the town.
Gerona is one of the 18 towns of the province of Tarlac. It is bounded on the north by Paniqui; on the east by the Pura; on the south by Tarlac City (the provincial capital); and on the west by Santa Ignacia. The town is 72 kilometres (45 mi) from San Fernando City, the regional center; 55 kilometres (34 mi) from Angeles City; and 138 kilometres (86 mi) north of Metro Manila.
Gerona has a land area of 12,889 hectares (31,850 acres) of plain and rugged agricultural land representing 4.63% of the province total area. The Tarlac River, which originates from the eastern slopes of the Zambales Mountain, cuts across the west central areas, dividing the town into two parts.
The eastern area consists of 31 barangays with total land area of 90.50 square kilometres representing 63.9% of the total area. It is characterized as plain, low-lying agricultural land.
The second part is the Western Area consisting of 13 barangays with total area of 50.97 square kilometres representing 36.03% of the total land area. It is characterized by hilly and rugged agricultural land and is also forested.
- Don Basilio
- New Salem
- Pinasling (Pinasung)
- Poblacion 1
- Poblacion 2
- Poblacion 3
- San Agustin
- San Antonio
- San Bartolome
- San Jose
- Santa Lucia
- Villa Paz
|Population Census of Gerona|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Gerona, Tarlac, was 87,531 people, with a density of 680 inhabitants per square kilometre or 1,800 inhabitants per square mile.
Points of interest
- 1894 Saint Catherine of Alexandria Church of Gerona   (Vicariate of St. Catherine of Alexandria, Vicar Forane: Father Alfredo Dizon, Titular: Saint Catherine of Alexandria, Feast day, November 24 Parish Priest: Father Alfredo Dizon, succeeded by Fr. Ramon Capuno  Parochial Vicar: Rev. Fr. Paulo Dela Cruz  - Don Federico Bartolome Street, McArthur Highway, Gerona, Tarlac 2302, Philippines  under the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tarlac Roman Catholic Diocese of Tarlac led by Most Rev. Florentino F. Cinense, D.D., PhD, STL.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Province: Tarlac". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Region III (Central Luzon)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Region III (Central Luzon)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Province of Tarlac". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gerona, Tarlac.|
- New Website
- Isdaan Floating Restaurant
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information