Gerpinnes town hall
|• Mayor||Philippe Busine (CDH)|
|• Governing party/ies||CDH, MR|
|• Total||47.10 km2 (18.19 sq mi)|
|• Density||270/km2 (700/sq mi)|
Gerpinnes (French pronunciation: [ʒɛʁ.pin]) is a Walloon municipality located in the Belgian province of Hainaut. On 1 January 2006 the municipality had 12,030 inhabitants. The total area is 47.10 km², giving a population density of 255 inhabitants per km².
Every year at Whitsun, a large procession is organised in honour of Saint Rolendis (Sainte Rolende). Participants are dressed as Napoleonic soldiers, and walk about 40 km around the whole municipality.
Villages and towns
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Media related to Gerpinnes at Wikimedia Commons
- Website of the administration of Gerpinnes (French)
- Website of the Scouts "Frère Pierre" of Gerpinnes (French)
- Website of the tourism office of Gerpinnes (French-English-Dutch)
|This Hainaut province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|