||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Gerran Lyn Howell
February 25, 1991
Barry, Wales, U.K.
|Occupation||Actor, singer, director, writer and musician|
Gerran Lyn Howell (born 25 February 1991) is a Welsh actor, director and writer of short films, best known for playing "Vladimir Dracula" in Young Dracula, a CBBC television series that initially aired in 2006.
Gerran went to Barry Comprehensive school (an all boys secondary school with a mixed sixth form) Gerran trained at ATSLI improvisation workshop in Cardiff at a young age, and later went on to train at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London. He initially appeared in a short cinema advert warning about the dangers of swimming in Welsh Reservoirs, and also in a short film by Ellis Watts.
The show revolves around 13-year old Vlad and his family, who happen to be vampires, as they try to live in a small, rural Welsh town after they moved there from Transylvania. The first two series were broadcast in 2006–2008. The third and fourth series were broadcast in 2011–2012 in which Gerran plays a 17-year-old Vlad, four years on, now with full vampire powers which he must learn to control. The fifth and concluding series was shown in early 2014.
Gerran, and co-star from Young Dracula, Letty Butler were a part of the Bake a Difference Appeal on Blue Peter and he filmed some behind the scenes footage of Young Dracula. He also appeared on Inside Out North West during a short behind the scenes at Young Dracula sketch. Gerran was also interviewed by Letty Butler about the show and he also did a short tutorial in character as Vlad on how to spot a vampire.
In January 2012, Gerran's character 'Vlad' in Young Dracula was voted in the SFX vampire poll, ranking at number 17 in the top 50 vampires.
Gerran has also appeared in a few short films and television shows, appearing as "Niall Andrews" and "Rory Brothwick" in Casualty (2006 & 2012). As well as Some Girls episode 2 as "Ryan".
In 2011, he appeared as "Ernesto" in an episode of the CBBC drama The Sparticle Mystery and returned in series 2 (which was aired in February 2013). He has also returned for series 3 of The Sparticle Mystery (which aired January 2014). Gerran also guest starred in Casualty in January 2012, as a new character alongside actor Billy Boyd.
In addition to his work on-screen, he has also recorded voice-overs for radio adverts.
|2006-2014||Young Dracula||Vladimir Dracula||Main role, 5 series|
|2006||Crusade In Jeans||Baudouin
|2006||Casualty||Niall Andrews||Series 20 Episode 32 – "Blind Spots"|
|2006||Mummys Boy||Mark||Short film|
|2011-2014||The Sparticle Mystery||Ernesto|
|2012||Casualty||Rory Brothwick||Series 26 Episode 20 – "Hero Syndrome"|
|2012||Some Girls||Ryan Jones||Series 1 Episode 2|
|2012||From Fact To Fiction||Bob Duncan (Narrator)||Radio play|
|2017||Emerald City||Jack||Main Role|
- Flynn, Jessica (28 December 2006). "Dracula star drops in to see patients". Wales Online.co.uk. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- Warwick Emanuel PR (2011). "Swimming in reservoirs can kill". YouTube. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- Watts, Ellis (2013). "Deep End". vimeo.com. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Bake a Difference Appeal". CBBC. Archived from the original on December 9, 2011.
- "Behind The Stunts". CBBC. Archived from the original on April 1, 2012.
- "Behind the Scenes of Young Dracula". CBBC. 2016. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Interview With The Vampire". CBBC. Archived from the original on March 31, 2012.
- "Vlad's Guide To Spotting A Vampire". CBBC. 2016. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Casualty, Series 26, Hero Syndrome". BBC One. 28 January 2012. Retrieved 31 January 2016.
- "Some Girls, Series 1, Episode 2". BBC Three. 19 July 2015. Retrieved 31 January 2016.