|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta|
May 8, 1986 – June 15, 1993
|Preceded by||Milt Pahl|
|Succeeded by||Don Massey|
|City of Edmonton Public School Trustee|
October 16, 1995 – 2010
|Born||1953 (age 65–66)|
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
|Political party||Alberta New Democrat|
Gerry Gibeault (born 1953) is a Canadian former politician who was a school trustee with Edmonton Public Schools from 1995 to 2010 representing Ward I (Mill Woods). He also served as Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta from 1986 to 1993 sitting with the New Democratic Party caucus in opposition.
Gibeault graduated from the University of Alberta where he attained a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. He became a librarian for the Edmonton Catholic School Board, and then Central Alberta Media Services until he was elected to the Alberta Legislature in 1986. .
Provincial political career
Gibeault ran as a candidate for the New Democrats in the Edmonton-Mill Woods electoral district for the 1982 Alberta general election. He was defeated by incumbent Progressive Conservative MLA Milt Pahl.
Gibeault defeated Pahl in the 1986 Alberta general election. Pahl's popular support fell by 6000 votes, while Gibeault also lost votes from the 1982 election. Gibeault improved his margin of victory running for a second term in the 1989 Alberta general election.
Gibeault was elected as a public school trustee in the 1995 Edmonton municipal election. He won with 45% of the popular vote, defeating two other candidates in Ward I. He was re-elected in the 1998 Edmonton municipal election defeating David Fletcher in a two-way race, winning 54% of the vote. He was re-elected for a third term in the 2001 Edmonton municipal election over four challengers, winning 36% of the vote. Gibeault won a fourth term in the 2004 Edmonton municipal election defeating Judith Axelson. Gibeault defeated Axelson again in the 2007 Edmonton municipal election by fewer than 100 votes.
- "Gerry Gibeault Ward I". Edmonton Public School Board. Retrieved April 14, 2010.
- "Edmonton-Mill Woods Official Results 1982 Alberta general election". Alberta Heritage Community Foundation. Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- "Edmonton-Mill Woods Official Results 1986 Alberta general election". Alberta Heritage Community Foundation. Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- "Edmonton-Mill Woods Official Results 1989 Alberta general election". Alberta Heritage Community Foundation. Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- "Edmonton-Ellerslie Official Results 1993 Alberta general election". Alberta Heritage Community Foundation. Retrieved March 19, 2010.
- "Edmonton Election Results 1945-2007". City of Edmonton. Archived from the original on December 15, 2010. Retrieved April 14, 2010.