This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Fylking in Stockholm in 2014.
|Born||Gert Åke Fylking
7 October 1945
|Children||6 (1 with Tanja)|
Gert Åke Fylking, born on 7 October 1945 in Stockholm, is a Swedish actor, journalist, politician (Christian Democrat) and anchorman of the radio programme Gert's Värld on Radio 1 101,9 FM, where he is known by the nickname of Fylking Sverige (a handle translatable as Your Man Fylking from Sweden). He has participated in many theatre productions, films and TV programmes. He is married to Tanja Fylking; they have six children and live in Stockholm. Among his friends are Robert Aschberg, Hasse Aro and Lennart Jähkel, and especially the late Christer Pettersson (since their childhood).
Presently, together with Titti Schultz and Roger Nordin, Gert Fylking is anchorman of the show noted above. He is also known for bursting out in a loud sarcastic exclamation ("Äntligen!" - meaning: "Finally!") at the press conference where the name of the winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature (Gao Xingjian) was announced in 2000 and doing so again in 2001. Nevertheless, he made peace with Horace Engdahl on the radio and ceased his exclamations - however, this tradition he had created was taken over by others who still continue to exercise it. The friendship with Engdahl has been reported as on-again-off-again (2009).
On 17 April 2012, Fylking likened Serbs to Anders Behring Breivik on his show Gert's Värld (Gert's World). While talking about the Norwegian mass murderer, Fylking mentioned that "the world is full of these Breivik characters", and continued: "We’ve managed to catch many others as well. We caught these Serbians who acted like bloody swine and killed hundreds of thousands of fleeing people. We caught them. But do you think they are judged by the Serbians? No, the Serbians hail them as heroes. So who are the psychopaths? Is it the majority of the Serbian population that are stupid or is it just these people who are convicted of war crimes that are idiots?"
After strong public reaction including a letter of protest to the station by Serbia's ambassador to Stockholm, Dušan Crnogorčević, Fylking apologized for the statements, but was suspended from work indefinitely.
- 2006 - Bilar (Cars - film)
- 2002 - Heja Björn (TV series)
- 1997 - Adam & Eva
- 1996 - Evil Ed
- 1996 - Silvermannen (The Silver Man - Miniseries)
- 1994 - Rapport till himlen (Report to Heaven - Miniseries)
- 1992 - Nordexpressen (The Northern Express)
- 1992 - Ha ett underbart liv (Have a Wonderful Life)
- 1992 - Hassel - Svarta banken (Hassel - The Black Bank)
- 1984 - The Man from Majorca
- "Serbs are like Breivik': Swedish radio host". The Local - Swedish Edition. 25 Apr 12 11:55 CET. Archived from the original on 27 April 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012. Check date values in:
- "Radio host axed for likening Serbs to Breivik". The Local - Norwegian Edition. 25 Apr 2012. Retrieved 25 April 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gert Fylking.|