Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden
Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden is the spiritual leader of the Tibetan Buddhist Society in Australia. Geshe Loden established the Peaceful Land of Joy Meditation Centre in Yuroke, Victoria, and has written many books. In 2011, he was named Hume Citizen of the Year.
Born in 1924, Geshe Loden became a monk at seven years old. After completing extensive Buddhist philosophy studies, he received the Geshe Lharampa degree from Sera Je Monastery in Tibet, and an Acharya degree from Varanasi's Sanskrit university in India. He was also awarded a Master's qualification in Vajrayana Buddhism after many years study at Gyudmed Tantric College. Geshe Loden originally came to Australia in 1976 at the invitation of Lama Thubten Yeshe to be the resident teacher at Chenrezig Institute, Queensland, where he remained for three years before leaving to start his own organization.
- Great Treasury of Mahamudra (2009)
- Essence of the Path to Enlightenment (1997)
- Meditations on the Path to Enlightenment (1996)
- The Fundamental Potential for Enlightenment (1996)
- Path to Enlightenment in Tibetan Buddhism (1993)
- "Hume thanks old and young who care for others". Hume Weekly. 1 February 2011. Archived from the original on 13 March 2011.
- Kelly Sammut (2 February 2011). "Joy for Tibetan Thubten with Australia Day award". Hume Leader. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011.
- Foulds, Jessica (1 February 2011). "Hume thanks old and young". Macedon Ranges Weekly. Archived from the original on 6 July 2011.
- "Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden". Tibetan Buddhist Society.
- National Library of Australia (2011). "Geshe Acharya Thubten Loden".