Get Closer (Seals and Crofts album)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Studio album by|
|Seals and Crofts chronology|
|Singles from Get Closer|
Get Closer is Seals and Crofts' eighth studio album. The title cut was a top 10 hit in early 1976, reaching #6 on the Pop charts, and #2 AC. It would be their final top 10 hit. "Goodbye Old Buddies" reached #10 on the AC chart as well.
The song "Get Closer" features the vocals of Carolyn Willis, who had been in the group Honey Cone.
"Sweet Green Fields" was sampled in the 1997 song "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See" by Busta Rhymes and later in 2002 by Syleena Johnson on her song "Tonight I'm Gonna Let Go", which was based on "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See".
- "Sweet Green Fields" (James Seals) 4:45
- "Get Closer" (Seals, Dash Crofts, arrangement Gene Page) 3:45
- "Red Long Ago" (Seals, Bob Gundry, Kelley McKinney) 5:25
- "Goodbye Old Buddies" (Parker McGee) 2:50
- "Baby Blue" (Seals, Crofts) 3:20
- "Million Dollar Horse" (Seals, Walter Heath) 3:45
- "Don't Fail" (Seals) 3:50
- "Passing Thing" (Seals, Crofts) 6:25
- James Seals – lead vocals (except on "Goodbye Old Buddies"), guitar
- Dash Crofts – lead vocals, mandolin
- Louis Shelton – guitar, production
- Ray Parker Jr. – guitar
- Lee Ritenour – guitar
- David Paich – keyboards, string arrangements on "Red Long Ago" and "Don't Fail"
- Joe Sample – electric piano
- David Hungate – bass
- Wilton Felder – bass
- Jeff Porcaro – drums
- Ed Greene – drums
- Milt Holland – tabla
- Jim Horn – alto sax
- Carolyn Willis – backing vocals, lead vocal on "Get Closer"
- Merna Matthews – backing vocals
- Shirley Matthews – backing vocals
- Carol Carmichel – backing vocals
- Donnie Shelton – backing vocals
|This 1970s rock album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|