|Country of origin||India|
|Original languages||English, Hindi|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes||68|
|Running time||60 minutes (with commercial)|
|Original network||Star India|
Channel V India
|Original release||July 1, 2004 –|
November 21, 2010
Get Gorgeous was an Indian reality television show and model talent search that premiered in 2004 by one of India's music channels, Channel V India. The show was formatted by Kaveri Mehrotra while Amar Deb was the head of the channel. Get Gorgeous was about discovering the next face of modeling in India.
|Season||Premiere date||Winner||Runner-up||Other contestants||Number of contestants||Destination|
|1||1 July 2004||Aarohi Mishra
|N/A||Abha Bakaya, Anjali Raj, Asha B. R., Drashta Sarvaiya, Lakshmi Rebecca, Latika Chauhan, Mihika Verma, Natasha Bahmani, Natasha Sethi, Sanya Aslam Shaikh, Sapna Chandrasekaran, Shereen Appanna||16|
|2||23 April 2005||Priyanka Shah||Tina Noronha||Mitali Badkur & Tanushree Biswas & Tina Desai & Tonisha Pawar, Kanika Khanna & Priyanka Kumar & Rinita Talapatra & Smita Sharma, Chahat Sabaji & Mahima Chaudhary & Melanie D'Mello & Ridhima Sharma, Malika Jan & Sudharani Gupta||16|
|3||16 March 2006||Anurita Jha
|Dipitha Shayan||Andrea Wiltshire, Dimple Anand, Jyothi Mahadev, Rucha Gawas, Rupalee Yadav, Swetha Reddy||15|
|4||7 June 2007||Rachel Varghese||Rebecca Maumkel||Sarika, Mizpah Waters, Sneha, Nina Sarkar, Kirtana Krishnan, Arlette Evita Grao, Arika Silaichia, Nidhi Sunil||10|
|5||16 May 2008||Iris Bhaskar Maity||Gwendolyn Athaide
Salome Narayana Polaki
|Sameera, Lavanya Tripathi, Roopa, Arushi Virani, Aarohi Kadam, Anjali Raut, Setareh Nour||10|
|6||29 August 2010||Preeti Chauhan ♀||Roushni Das||Gauri Janwalikar, Tanya Nambiar, Shibani Suvarna, Hazel Sobti, Asmita Sood, Mruga Kulkarni, Riddhima Shahani, Jenny Ghottra||20|
|Rajat Dahiya ♂||Udit Methi||Michael Obidiki, Charudutt Sapra, Pankaj Tanwar, Ankit Raj, Samridh Bawa, Asif Sataar, Veir Dhillon, Bharat Sharma|
Get Gorgeous 1
The show's first season aired on July 1, 2004 with the finale on September 23, 2004. It had 6,000 entries received and 16 finalists were taken to the coast of Goa. The season was hosted by VJ Sarah-Jane Dias, with renowned fitness instructor Mickey Mehta, photographer Sameer Parekh, well-known choreographers Tanya LeFebvre and Aparna Behl, designer Aparna Chandra, make-up expert Ambika Pillai and Hemant Trivedi as judges.
The show's prizes for this season include walking for designer Suneet Verma at Rome Fashion Week and a contract with Elite Model Management in India. The four winners were Aarohi Mishra, Archana Vijaya, Natasha Suri and Tanvi Singh.
|Abha Bakaya||23||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Delhi|
|Anjali Raj||19||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)||Mumbai|
|Asha B. R.||20||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)||Bangalore|
|Drashta Sarvaiya||23||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Delhi|
|Lakshmi Rebecca||23||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Chennai|
|Latika Chauhan||21||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Delhi|
|Mihika Verma||19||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Mumbai|
|Natasha Bahmani||17||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Mumbai|
|Natasha Sethi||20||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Mumbai|
|Sanya Aslam Shaikh||17||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)||Mumbai|
|Sapna Chandrasekaran||23||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Bangalore|
|Shereen Appanna||20||1.69 m (5 ft 6+1⁄2 in)||Bangalore|
|Aarohi Mishra||18||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Bangalore|
|Archana Vijaya||21||1.72 m (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)||Kolkata|
|Natasha Suri||20||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Mumbai|
|Tanvi Singh||20||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Bhopal|
Get Gorgeous 2
The second season first aired in April 23, 2005 with the finale in June 11, 2005 and it was hosted by season 1 winner Archana Vijaya. It had 5,000 entries received and 16 finalists were taken to the training camp at Taj Exotica in Bentota, Sri Lanka. The season had designers Hemant Trivedi, model Noyonika Chatterjee and model-turned-actor Milind Soman as judges.
The winner of the season was Priyanka Shah. She receive:
- A talent contract with Channel V India
- A modelling contract with Elite Model Management in India
- A campaign for LG CDMA
- Will be walking at India Fashion Week
|Mitali Badkur||24||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Bangalore||Episode 3||16-13|
|Tanushree Biswas||19||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)||Pune|
|Tina Desai||21||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)||Bangalore|
|Tonisha Pawar||21||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Bangalore|
|Kanika Khanna||20||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Delhi||Episode 5||12-9|
|Priyanka Kumar||23||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)||Delhi|
|Rinita Talapatra||18||1.60 m (5 ft 3 in)||Mumbai|
|Smita Sharma||22||1.72 m (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)||Delhi|
|Chahat Sabaji||22||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)||Delhi||Episode 6||8-5|
|Mahima Chaudhary||17||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Pune|
|Melanie D'Mello||21||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Mumbai|
|Ridhima Sharma||20||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Mumbai|
|Malika Jan||22||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Bangalore||Episode 8||4-3|
|Sudharani Gupta||22||1.72 m (5 ft 7+1⁄2 in)||Mumbai|
|Tina Noronha||22||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Bangalore||2|
|Priyanka Shah||21||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Pune||1|
Get Gorgeous 3
The third season first aired in March 16, 2006 and with the finale on May 4, 2006., and had fifteen finalists. The season was hosted by VJ Pia Trivedi, with model-turned-actor Dino Morea, model and ace fashion choreographer Marc Robinson, and fashion designer Surily Goel as judges.
Season 3 Contestants
Get Gorgeous 4
The fourth season aired on June 7, 2007 and with the finale on August 9, 2007. The season's host was VJ Pia Trivedi, alongside with the judging panel were make-up artist Samantha Kochhar, Alison Kanuga and fashion designer duo Shantanu Mehra & Nikhil Mehra. The 10 finalists travelled to the Swaswara resort in Goa. The prizes include: a talent contract with Channel V India and a modelling contract with Elite Model Management in India. The winner of the season was Rachel Varghese.
The Grand Finale had over 1,000 guests visiting the live runway. The anchor of the live show was Channel V's VJ Pia Trivedi. During the taping of the season, Channel [V] allowed a blogger from Trendy.com to live among the contestants and collect exclusive behind-the-scenes material for a section of the show's website called “The Gorgeous Blogger”.
|Sarika||23||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)||Bangalore||Episode 4||10-9|
|Mizpah Waters||24||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)||Delhi|
|Sneha||24||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Delhi||Episode 5||8-7|
|Nina Sarkar||19||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Mumbai|
|Kirtana Krishnan||22||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Bangalore||Episode 7||6|
|Arlette Evita Grao||18||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)||Mumbai||Episode 13||5-4|
|Arika Silaichia||17||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Pune|
|Nidhi Sunil||20||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)||Bangalore||3|
|Rebecca Maumkel||18||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)||Mumbai||2|
|Rachel Varghese||19||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Mumbai||1|
Get Gorgeous 5
The fifth season aired on May 16, 2008 and with the finale on July 26, 2008. This season was hosted again by VJ Pia Trivedi. Indian Supermodels Diandra Soares and Gauahar Khan were judges and their model mentor. The 10 finalists travelled to Kerala and the 3 finalist travelled to Paris. This season garnered an average of 10 million viewers, making it the highest rated season of the show's history.
- A talent contract with Channel V worth ₹1.000.000
- A modelling contract with ICE Model Management
- A trip to Paris to feature in a shoot for Christian Dior
- An exclusive splash feature in L'Officiel
Season 5 Contestants
|Sameera||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)||Diandra||10|
|Lavanya Tripathi||18||1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)||Gauahar||9|
|Roopa||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)||Diandra||8|
|Arushi Virani||19||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Gauahar||7|
|Aarohi Kadam||22||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)||Gauahar||6-4|
|Anjali Raut||21||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)||Diandra|
|Setareh Nour||18||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)||Diandra|
|Gwendolyn Athaide||19||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Gauahar||3-2|
|Salome Narayana Polaki||23||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Gauahar|
|Iris Bhaskar Maity||24||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Diandra||1|
Get Gorgeous 6
The sixth season aired on August 29, 2010 and with the finale on November 21, 2010. This season was hosted by VJ Andy with the brand new judges were: model Kamal Sidhu, fashion photographer Vikram Bawa and fashion designer Gayatri Khanna, and 2 new mentor are supermodels Sahil Shroff & Archana Vijaya. After 2 years gap, the show return with 20 brand new contestant, including male contestant for the first time. The prizes include a 1-year modelling contract with Kwan Entertainment. The two winner of the season were Preeti Chauhan & Rajat Dahiya.
|Gauri Janwalikar||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Mumbai||Archana||Episode 2||20-19|
|Michael Obidiki||25||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)||Nashik||Archana|
|Charudutt Sapra||21||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)||New Delhi||Sahil||Episode 3||18|
|Tanya Nambiar||23||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||New Delhi||Sahil||Episode 4||17|
|Shibani Suvarna||23||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Pune||Archana||Episode 5||16|
|Pankaj Tanwar||21||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)||Haryana||Sahil||Episode 6||15|
|Ankit Raj||22||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)||New Delhi||Archana||Episode 7||14-13|
|Hazel Sobti||21||1.58 m (5 ft 2 in)||Goa||Sahil|
|Asmita Sood||20||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)||Shimla||Sahil||Episode 8||12|
|Samridh Bawa||19||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Mumbai||Archana||Episode 9||11|
|Asif Sataar||21||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)||Kashmir||Archana||Episode 10||10-9|
|Mruga Kulkarni||19||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)||Pune||Archana|
|Riddhima Shahani||20||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)||Pune||Sahil||Episode 11||8|
|Veir Dhillon||20||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)||Pune||Archana||Episode 12||7|
|Bharat Sharma||25||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)||Mumbai||Sahil||6-5|
|Jenny Ghottra||23||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||Toronto, Canada||Sahil|
|Roushni Das†||18||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)||Mumbai||Archana||Episode 13||4-3|
|Udit Methi||23||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)||Pune||Sahil|
|Preeti Chauhan||23||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)||New Delhi||Archana||2-1|
|Rajat Dahiya||22||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)||New Delhi||Sahil|
- The contestant was eliminated
- The contestant was eliminated outside of judging panel
- The contestant was immune from elimination
- The contestant won the competition
- In episode 4, Tanya was eliminated from the casting challenge. Because of that, Mruga, who was eliminated last week, return to the competition.
- In episode 5, Asmita, Jenny & Shibani, who was in the bottom in the last episode, have a shoot-out in swimsuit at the pool, and Shibani was eliminated on that battle. The elimination in episode 5 was not shown, which carried over into the episode 6.
- The elimination result in episode 8 was not shown, which carried over into the first half of episode 9.
- In episode 11, Jenny & Rajat return to the competition for having the most audience's vote.
- In episode 12, Veir was eliminated for the worst performance on the commercial.The elimination result in episode 12 was not shown, which carried over into the first half of episode 13.
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Makeover
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Swimsuit calendar for MiD-DAY
- Episode 4 commercial: Garnier product in pair
- Episode 5 commercial: Garnier product
- Episode 6 photo shoot: Homosexuality couple
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Adam and Eve
- Episode 8 video shoot & commercial: Bollywood couple; Scooty Pep motorbike in group
- Episode 9 commercial & photo shoot: LG Cookie smartphone in group; Rich and poor style
- Episode 10 photo shoot: Love in the air
- Episode 11 photo shoot: Marico Hair & Care campaign
- Episode 12 commercial & photo shoot: Mumbai Underworld online game; Editorial shoot for Grazia in pair
- Episode 13 runway: India Fashion Week 2010
- "Channel [V] Get Gorgeous premiers on July 1". Retrieved 2019-10-27.
- "Archana Vijaya profile". South Indian Cinema Magazine. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- Priyananda. "Femina Miss Diva: Natasha Suri". Femina Miss Diva. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "Get Gorgeous's Contestant". Retrieved 2021-08-02.
- "Get Gorgeous-II gets CHannel [v] at the top". Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "Glam up with magic makeover". Retrieved 2021-03-13.
- "Priyanka Shah wins Channel [V] 'Get Gorgeous II'". Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "Channel [v] ropes in Mrs Marino as presenting sponsor for 'Get Gorgeous 3'". www.exchange4media.com. Retrieved 2021-01-19.
- "The Record Music Magazine". www.therecordmag.com. Archived from the original on 2006-11-20. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "Get Gorgeous 3 has two winners". www.tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- "Channel V presents Get Gorgeous". Retrieved 2019-10-27.
- "Whose will be the hottest face?". Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- "rediff.com: A known face at 19: Meet model Rachel Varghese". specials.rediff.com. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "Get Gorgeous 4's Contestant". Retrieved 2020-08-21.
- "'Get gorgeous' with Channel [v]". Retrieved 2020-08-16.
- "Iris Maity Gets Gorgeous in Channel V on July 26th 2008". Hamara Photos. Retrieved 2018-04-28.
- "Gals & guys in Gorgeous 6". Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- "A Tribute To Roushni Das". Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- Official website of Get Gorgeous (archive at the Wayback Machine)
- Official website of Get Gorgeous 2 (archive at the Wayback Machine)
- Official website of Get Gorgeous 3 (archive at the Wayback Machine)
- Official website of Get Gorgeous 4 (archive at the Wayback Machine)
- Official website of Get Gorgeous 5 (archive at the Wayback Machine)
- Official website of Get Gorgeous 6 (archive at the Wayback Machine)