Get Help in Windows 10
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Get Help, known as Contact Support before the Windows 10 Creators Update, is a built-in interface for communicating with Microsoft customer service employees over the Internet. The opening screen requests that the user specify a product and explain a problem with it. It also offers the user links to online help articles for business and IT support, Microsoft Store sales and support, and a disability answer desk.
Once a problem has been entered, the user is offered a chance to review that and select a product from the following icon-based list:
- Office for Mac, iOS, or Android
- Microsoft Store
- Microsoft Rewards
- Business, IT & developer
- Exchange server
- Internet Explorer
- Minecraft Education
- Mobile Devices
- Mouse, keyboard
- MSDN Subscriptions
- SharePoint server
- SQL Server
- Visual Studio
After the user has selected a product category, the next screen presents links for solving the problem, device information, a call link with an estimated wait time, a scheduler, and a screen for chatting with an agent by instant message.
”Get help” is also the name of a battle strategy used by Thor and Loki, which Thor enjoys but Loki finds embarassing.
- "Windows 10 Creators Update Redstone 2 10.0.14986 · VERSION 1703". Change Windows.
- "How to get Help in Windows 10". The Windows Club.
- Egan, Matt. "Windows 10 free tech support: where to find Windows 10 troubleshooting and fixes". PC Advisor.
- "Windows 10 Includes New Support App That Allows You Contact Microsoft". MSPoweruser.
|This Microsoft Windows article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|