Get It Off
|"Get It Off"|
|Single by Monica featuring Dirtbag|
|from the album After the Storm|
|Format||Download, 12", DVD single|
|Recorded||2003; Hit Factory Criteria
|Songwriter(s)||Craig Brockman, Missy Elliott, Herbert Jordan, Steve Standard|
|Producer(s)||Missy Elliott, DJ Scratch|
|Monica singles chronology|
"Get It Off" is a song by American recording artist Monica. It was written by rapper Missy Elliott, Craig Brockman, and Herbert Jordan, and produced by the former along with DJ Scratchator and Brockman for Monica's fourth studio album, After the Storm (2003). Built around the 1984 composition "Set It Off", written and performed by Steve "Strafe" Standard, the uptempo song incorporates elements of dance-pop, old-school hip hop and contemporary R&B music and features guest vocals by rapper Dirtbag.
The song was released as the album's second single on a double A-side single with "Knock Knock." Although "Get It Off" failed to chart within the US Billboard Hot 100, its That Kid Chris Remix peaked at number 13 on the component Hot Dance Music/Club Play chart.
Formats and track listings
- DVD single
Credits and personnel
Credits adapted from the liner notes of After the Storm.
- Marcella Araica – audio engineering
- Monica Arnold – lead vocals, background vocals
- Carlos Bedoya – recording
- Tom Coyne – mastering
- Missy Elliott – production, additional vocals
- Scott Kieklak – mixing
|Germany Black Chart (Media Control AG)||11|
|US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)
That Kid Chris Remix
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||103|
- "Monica – Knock Knock (CD, Maxi-Single, Promo)". Discogs. Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- After the Storm (Media notes). Monica. J Records. 2003.
- "Monica – Chart history" Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs for Monica. Retrieved 2011-05-23.
- "Monica – Chart history" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Monica. Retrieved 2011-05-23.