Get It Together (James Brown song)
|"Get It Together (Part 1)"|
|Single by James Brown|
|from the album I Can't Stand Myself When You Touch Me|
|B-side||"Get It Together (Part 2)"|
|Recorded||September 5, 1967, Master Sound Studios, Atlanta, GA|
|Genre||Rhythm and blues, soul, funk|
|James Brown charting singles chronology|
"Get It Together" is a song performed by James Brown. Released in 1967 as a two-part single, it charted #11 R&B and #40 Pop. Both parts also appeared on the album I Can't Stand Myself When You Touch Me. Donald A. Guarisco of Allmusic described the song as "a taut, minimalist tune that combines soulful but frantically paced verse melodies with a bubbling, two-note staccato chorus."
- James Brown - lead vocal
with the James Brown Orchestra:
- Waymond Reed - trumpet
- Joe Dupars - trumpet
- Levi Rasbury - trombone
- Alfred "Pee Wee" Ellis - alto saxophone
- Maceo Parker - tenor saxophone
- Eldee Williams - tenor saxophone
- St. Clair Pinckney - baritone saxophone
- Jimmy Nolen - guitar
- Alphonso "Country" Kellum - guitar
- Bernard Odum - bass
- John "Jabo" Starks - drums
- White, Cliff (1991). "Discography". In Star Time (pp. 54–59) [CD booklet]. New York: PolyGram Records.
- Guarisco, Donald A. "'Get It Together' review". Accessed March 29, 2013.
- Leeds, Alan, and Harry Weinger (1991). "Star Time: Song by Song". In Star Time (pp. 46–53) [CD booklet]. New York: PolyGram Records.
|This 1960s R&B/soul music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|