Get Over It (Eagles song)
|"Get Over It"|
|Single by Eagles|
|from the album Hell Freezes Over|
|B-side||"Get Over it (Live)" (3:40)|
|Released||October 18, 1994|
|Label||Geffen Records, The Eagles Recording Company|
|Songwriter(s)||Don Henley, Glenn Frey|
|Producer(s)||Eagles, Elliot Scheiner, Rob Jacobs|
|Eagles singles chronology|
"Get Over It" is a song by the Eagles released as a single after a fourteen-year breakup. It was also the first song written by bandmates Don Henley and Glenn Frey when the band reunited. "Get Over It" was played live for the first time during their Hell Freezes Over tour in 1994. It returned the band to the U.S. Top 40 after a fourteen-year absence, peaking at No. 31 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also hit No. 4 on the Billboard Mainstream Rock Tracks chart. The song was not played live by the Eagles after the "Hell Freezes Over" tour in 1994. It remains the group's last Top 40 hit in the U.S.
The song is about Henley's frustration and contempt for others (such as TV talk show guests) blaming their failures, mental breakdowns, and financial problems on those who he feels don't deserve it, then believing that the world owes them a favor. The song references William Shakespeare's Henry VI, Part II: "Old Billy was right: let's kill all the lawyers - kill 'em tonight", echoing Shakespeare's line "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers".
- Don Henley: Lead vocals
- Glenn Frey: Lead and rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Don Felder: Lead and rhythm guitar
- Joe Walsh: Slide guitar
- Timothy B. Schmit: Bass guitar, backing vocals
- Scott F. Crago: Drums
|Canada Top Singles (RPM)||4|
|Canada Adult Contemporary (RPM)||13|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||55|
|Polish Singles Chart||24|
|US Billboard Hot 100||31|
|US Adult Contemporary (Billboard)||21|
|US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard)||26|
|Chart (1994)||Peak position|
|Canada Top 100 singles (RPM)||63|
- "The ARIA Australian Top 100 Singles Chart – Week Ending 22 Jan 1995". Imgur.com (original document published by ARIA). Retrieved August 13, 2016.
- "Top RPM Singles: Issue 2676." RPM. Library and Archives Canada.
- "Top RPM Adult Contemporary: Issue 2677." RPM. Library and Archives Canada.
- "Musicline.de – Eagles Single-Chartverfolgung" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Eagles — Get Over It. Polish Singles Chart".
- "Eagles Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Eagles Chart History (Adult Contemporary)". Billboard.
- "Eagles Chart History (Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Top 100 Hit Tracks of 1994" (PDF). RPM Magazine. December 31, 1994.