Get Rich Slowly
Type of site
|Personal finance blog|
|Created by||J.D. Roth|
Get Rich Slowly is an American blog and website covering various aspects of personal finance created and written by J.D. Roth. While the blog has advice on many personal finance topics, one recurring theme is Roth's own financial history. The website includes an internet forum for discussion of personal finance matters outside of blog comment threads.
Other similar blogs include nerdwallet.com, thesimpledollar.com, thefinancereel.com, and cashcowcouple.com.
On April 1, 2009 Get Rich Slowly was acquired by QuinStreet. The sale was originally made under the terms of a non-disclosure agreement, but other than the sale of Get Rich Slowly itself QuinStreet allowed J.D. Roth to maintain editorial independence in continuing to contribute to Get Rich Slowly.
On January 31, 2012 J.D. Roth published a blog post about the previous sale of the website as QuinStreet had openly publicized ownership of the website.
On irregular occasions J.D. Roth has continued to contribute posts to the Get Rich Slowly blog.
- J.D. Roth (Founder)
- April Dykman (Staff Writer)
- Ellen Cannon (Editor)
- Holly Johnson (Staff Writer)
- Sarah Gilbert (Former Staff Writer)
- Lisa Aberle (Staff Writer)
- Robert Brokamp (Former Staff Writer)
- Kristin Wong (Staff Writer)
- Honey Smith (Staff Writer)
- Tim Sullivan (Former Staff Writer)
- El Nerdo (Former Staff Writer)
- Donna Freedman (Former Staff Writer)
- William Cowie (Staff Writer)
- Financial Samurai (Staff Writer)
- Jason Leow (June 24, 2006). "Money Advice, by the Book". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 22, 2008.
- Dan Mitchell (March 24, 2007). "Financial Wisdom". The New York Times. Retrieved December 22, 2008.
- Roth, J.D. "How and Why I Sold Get Rich Slowly". http://www.getrichslowly.org. Get Rich Slowly. Retrieved 13 September 2014. External link in
- "Meet the Get Rich Slowly Bloggers". Retrieved 15 September 2014.
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|