Get into Something
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Get Into Something|
|Studio album by The Isley Brothers|
|Released||March 8, 1970|
|Studio||A&R Studios, New York City|
|Producer||Ronald Isley, Rudolph Isley|
|The Isley Brothers chronology|
Get Into Something
|Robert Christgau||B |
Get Into Something is the eighth album released by The Isley Brothers on their T-Neck imprint on March 8, 1970. Although the album itself did not chart, it includes six songs that appeared in the top 30 of the Billboard R&B chart between late 1969 and early 1971 (most of which dented the lower reaches of the Pop chart as well): the title track, "Bless Your Heart", the horn and drum-driven "Keep On Doin'", which has won multiple awards including the Mid-Atlantic Soul Music award. (which inspired the instrumental cover by The JBs later that year under the title "The Grunt"), "Freedom", "Girls Will Be Girls" and "If He Can You Can".
The album's title track includes a James Brown styled "give the drummer some" breakdown that was highly influential on the New York b-boy dance scene (later known as break dancing). The drum break, along with the LP's scarcity, has made this the most valuable and highly sought after Isley Brothers album among vinyl record collectors. It was remastered and expanded for inclusion in the 2015 released CD box set The RCA Victor & T-Neck Album Masters, 1959-1983.
All tracks written by O'Kelly Isley, Ronald Isley and Rudolph Isley, except where noted.
|1.||"Get Into Something"||7:29|
|4.||"Keep On Doin'"||4:02|
|5.||"Girls Will Be Girls"||2:50|
|6.||"I Need You So[a]"||4:24|
|7.||"If He Can You Can[b]"||Johnny Brantly, O'Kelly Isley, Ronald Isley, Rudolph Isley||3:44|
|8.||"I Got to Find Me One[c]"||4:37|
|10.||"Bless Your Heart"||3:03|
Ronald Isley sings lead on all tracks except:
The Isley Brothers
- Ronald Isley - lead vocals and background vocals
- O'Kelly Isley, Jr. and Rudolph Isley - background vocals
- Charles "Skip" Pitts - guitars
- George Moreland - drums
- Truman Thomas - organ
- Everett Collins - keyboards
- Ernie Isley - bass guitar
- George Patterson - arrangements
- Horns arranged by The Isley Brothers
- Kellman, Andy. The Isley Brothers - Get Into Something at AllMusic. Retrieved 17 October 2011.
- Christgau, Robert. "The Isley Brothers - Get Into Something". Robert Christgau. Retrieved January 17, 2015.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (September 11, 2015). "The Isley Brothers: The RCA Victor and T-Neck Album Masters". Pitchfork. Retrieved December 23, 2015.
- Isley Brothers, The – Get Into Something at Discogs
- "Get Into Something > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles" at AllMusic. Retrieved 17 October 2011.