|2015 Brazzaville||5000 m|
Geteneh's first success at national level came at the 2015 Ethiopian Athletics Championships where he won the 5000 m title. This earned him a spot on the national team for the 2015 African Games, where he became champion.
In 2016 he won both the national title at the Jan Meda Cross Country and defended his 5000 m title at the track championships. He was outside the individual medals in international competition that year, taking sixth at the 2016 African Cross Country Championships and fourth at the 2016 African Championships in Athletics. He did, however, lead the Ethiopian men's cross country team to bronze in the team event. He ended the year with a win at the Silvesterlauf Trier then opened the new year with another win at the Cross Ouest-France.
|2015||African Games||Brazzaville, Congo||1st||5000 m||13:21.88|
|2016||African Cross Country Championships||Yaoundé, Cameroon||6th||Senior race||27:13|
|3rd||Senior team||41 pts|
|African Championships||Durban, South Africa||4th||5000 m||13:17.84|
|2018||African Championships||Asaba, Nigeria||2nd||5000 m||13:49.06|
1st at Riyadh half marathon men 21000 m
- Ethiopian Athletics Championships
- 5000 m: 2015, 2016
- Ethiopian Cross Country Championships
- Senior race: 2016, 2017
- Negash, Elshadai (2015-06-14). Melese and Wasihun triumph at Ethiopian Championships. IAAF. Retrieved on 2017-03-22.
- Minshull, Phil (2015-09-17). Kenya's 4x400m men finish off the All-Africa Games in style. IAAF. Retrieved on 2017-03-22.
- Negash, Elshadai (2016-01-31). Molla and Alamirew take Jan Meda International cross country titles. IAAF. Retrieved on 2017-03-22.
- Negash, Elshadai (2016-04-25). Tamire, Sado and Hadise among the winners at Ethiopian Championships. IAAF. Retrieved on 2017-03-22.
- Geteneh Tamire Mola. Association of Road Racing Statisticians. Retrieved on 2017-03-22.
- Negash, Elshadai (2017-02-13). Gidey, Tamire and Dida among the winners at Ethiopian Cross Country Championships. IAAF. Retrieved on 2016-08-26.