Getting Past No
(Redirected from Getting past No)
This article does not cite any sources. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The books main points include:
- Have the joint problem-solving mentality together
- Break the 5 barriers to cooperation: your reaction, their emotion, their position, their dissatisfaction, their power.
- Prepare, prepare, prepare yourself by identifying/developing:
- Interests of each side
- BATNA - Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement
- What do you aspire to? What would you be content with? What could you live with?
The book has 5 main sections prescribing how a negotiator should get from the confrontation state to the cooperation state during a negotiation.