|Elevation||465 m (1,526 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Gevrai is located at  It has an average elevation of 465 metres (1528 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Gevrai had a population of 33,562. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Gevrai has an average literacy rate of 67%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 76%, and female literacy is 58%. In Gevrai, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- R. B. Attal College of Arts, Science and Commerce
- Sharda Vidya Mandir, Takadgaon Road, Gevrai
- New High School, Gevrai
- Vimla Vidya Mandir, Gevrai
- Z. P. High School, Gevrai
- St. Xaviers, Gevrai
- Asharam School,gevrai
- Shiv Sharda Public School,shivajinagar, georai
- Indira Gandhi English School, georai
- Anmol Balak Mandir, Georai
For majority of its time the politics in Georai was dominated by Shivajirao Pandit his cousin Badamrao Pandit and Shivaji Rao's eldest son Amarsingh Pandit. The current MLA from Gevrai Vidhan Sabha constituency is BJP's Adv. Laxman Pawar who belongs to family of Patil the historical and traditional heads of Gevrai. He won the 2014 Vidhan Sabha election by defeating NCP's Badamrao Pandit by a landslide of 60001 votes the highest win margin in Marathwada region. Additionally Amarsingh Pandit also represents Gevrai as a MLC. In the recent Municipal elections BJP won 18 of the 19 seats and also the post of the post of President of Municipality further consolidating the popularity of MLA Laxman Pawar in the town.
- "Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Gevrai". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India.
- "R.B. Attal College official site". Rbattalcollege.org. Retrieved 2012-07-01.