Ghaziabad District, Kunar
Ghaziabad District is situated in the northern part of Kunar Province, Afghanistan. It was created in 2004 from the northern part of Bar Kunar District. It was named after the Khan of Ghaziabad, Amir Muhammad Ghazi Khan Shaheed. Its population is 7,500 (2004).
The district center is the village of Ghaziabad (Pakistan.) at 1,271 metres (4,170 ft) altitude. The area is mountainous and there is little arable land. Many people work in
Ghaziabad District borders on:
- Nuristan Province to the northwest and north,
- Naray District to the east,
- Bar Kunar District to the south, and
- Dangam District to the west.
- "Afghanistan Administrative Divisions" Archived September 23, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. map, March 2007, Afghanistan Information Management Services (AIMS)
- "CSO 2003 - 2004 Population Statistics - 388 Districts" Archived August 11, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. from Afghanistan Information Management Services (AIMS)
|This Kunar Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|