Ghaziabad Junction railway station
|Location||Station Road, Guru Govind Singh Marg, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
|Elevation||217.00 metres (711.94 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||Northern Railway|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Previous names||East Indian Railway Company|
Ghaziabad railway station is on the Kanpur-Delhi section of Howrah-Delhi main line, Howrah-Gaya-Delhi line And New Delhi-Moradabad-Lucknow line. It is located in Ghaziabad district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It serves Ghaziabad.
The railway line between Meerut and Delhi was constructed in 1864.
The Tundla-Aligarh-Ghaziabad sector was electrified in 1975-76, and the Ghaziabad-Nizamuddin-New Delhi-Delhi sector in 1976-77,
The 140-kilometre long (87 mi) Ghaziabad-Moradabad line was completely electrified in January 2016. The Ghaziabad-Meerut-Muzaffarnagar-Saharanpur-Roorkee-Haridwar line is also open to electric trains with effect from March 2016.
Local electric trains
Local electric trains are available regularly from Ghaziabad for stations in the National Capital Region. Distance: New Delhi railway station (26 km), Old Delhi railway station (20 km), Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station (23 km), Anand Vihar (13 km).
List of local trains
Local trains which run on a reguler interwell are EMUs, MEMUs, Passengers. Local trains start in the early morning and run till midnight.
Amenities for passengers at Ghaziabad include: waiting rooms, water coolers, pure vegetarian restaurants, refreshment rooms, book stall, computerized reservation office, and telephone booths.
Ghaziabad electric loco shed serves the Delhi area. It houses and maintains India's fastest locomotives which are mostly used in Rajdhani, Shatabdi and Duronto Expresses. It holds 47 WAP-1 locos as of 2008. It also has WAM-4, WAP-4, WAP-5, WAP-7 and WAG-5HA locos.
- "IR History: Early History (1832-1869)". IRFCA. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "Meerut". Triposo. Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "IR History: Early Days II (1870-1899)". Retrieved 7 March 2014.
- "The Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway" (PDF). Management E-books6. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "Ghaziabad". Make my trip. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- "Sheds and workshops". IRFCA. Retrieved 28 June 2013.
- Media related to Ghaziabad Junction railway station at Wikimedia Commons
- Trains at Ghaziabad India Rail Info